alittle concerned

Started by Rusunn
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rusunn

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on a concern that I have. I am currently applying for optometry school for the fall 06 year. During my first semester of college, i did very poorly. One F (in CS) 😱 and a C- 😡 and those were to only grades i got, lol. however, i was able to bump up my GPA to an overall and major GPA of 3.6 by the time i graduated and graduated cum laude. i done this by having semesters with 4.0s. I have approx a 3.9 GPA for the prerequisite course of the schools that i want to apply for (SUNY PCO NECO) maybe ICO. i did many activities in college and recently shallowed ODs, and iam applying early, already to suny and pco (working on the essay for NECO) I didnt take the OAT yet, but plan to in october. Does anyone have any idea if my first semester will seriously hinder my chances?? In my personal opinion, i think the most important factor is how i did overall in college, my OAT, interview, and applying early. Do you think this is correct? thanks for all the help.
 
Seems like you did a fantastic job bringing it up and did better overall than the average student that gets accepted, so I wouldn't worry about it.
 
stevec said:
Seems like you did a fantastic job bringing it up and did better overall than the average student that gets accepted, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I concur. Kudos!
 
Early mistakes won't hurt you. They may ask in an interview what happened, but I would imagine that would be the end of it.