alittle concerned

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rusunn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on a concern that I have. I am currently applying for optometry school for the fall 06 year. During my first semester of college, i did very poorly. One F (in CS) :eek: and a C- :mad: and those were to only grades i got, lol. however, i was able to bump up my GPA to an overall and major GPA of 3.6 by the time i graduated and graduated cum laude. i done this by having semesters with 4.0s. I have approx a 3.9 GPA for the prerequisite course of the schools that i want to apply for (SUNY PCO NECO) maybe ICO. i did many activities in college and recently shallowed ODs, and iam applying early, already to suny and pco (working on the essay for NECO) I didnt take the OAT yet, but plan to in october. Does anyone have any idea if my first semester will seriously hinder my chances?? In my personal opinion, i think the most important factor is how i did overall in college, my OAT, interview, and applying early. Do you think this is correct? thanks for all the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Seems like you did a fantastic job bringing it up and did better overall than the average student that gets accepted, so I wouldn't worry about it.

stevec said:
Seems like you did a fantastic job bringing it up and did better overall than the average student that gets accepted, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I concur. Kudos!

Early mistakes won't hurt you. They may ask in an interview what happened, but I would imagine that would be the end of it.