Alkene and Alkyne Reactions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say I'm starting to love the alkenes and the alkynes reactions. Any tips on memorizing these reactions would still be appreciated though. :thumbup:

Thanks for all you guyz support especially buildingdoc, streetwolf, lonely sol and i think there are more people....just can't remember the usernames rt now.

Members don't see this ad.

The only tip that I can offer you so that you can memorize those rxns is to write them over and use them in sequence/synthesis problems. The trick that worked the best for me was to try the roadmaps in the destroyer, but covering the answers and writing the roadmap over with just the reactants and the reagents.
Good luk

write the reactant and reagent on one side of a note card, then write the product on the other side. find short cuts so that when given a particular reactant and reagent, you should automatically know what will be produced. This should be particularly helpful in a timed exam like the DAT. Yes, mechansims should be understood, but use short cuts when possible. That's what I did when I took organic 1 and 2, and I never scored less than a 90 on my exams.