1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Alkene and Alkyne Reactions

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by skyisblue, Mar 15, 2007.

1. skyisblue

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I just wanted to say I'm starting to love the alkenes and the alkynes reactions. Any tips on memorizing these reactions would still be appreciated though. :thumbup:

Thanks for all you guyz support especially buildingdoc, streetwolf, lonely sol and i think there are more people....just can't remember the usernames rt now.

2. quikag1

10+ Year Member

The only tip that I can offer you so that you can memorize those rxns is to write them over and use them in sequence/synthesis problems. The trick that worked the best for me was to try the roadmaps in the destroyer, but covering the answers and writing the roadmap over with just the reactants and the reagents.
    Good luk

3. busupshot83

busupshot83 S.D.N. Vet
    7+ Year Member

write the reactant and reagent on one side of a note card, then write the product on the other side. find short cuts so that when given a particular reactant and reagent, you should automatically know what will be produced. This should be particularly helpful in a timed exam like the DAT. Yes, mechansims should be understood, but use short cuts when possible. That's what I did when I took organic 1 and 2, and I never scored less than a 90 on my exams.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...