All CCOM students and applicants...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MilitaryMed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone, students, applicants, etc., tell me more about CCOM. I can only find so much information on the school using their website and the college information book.

What do you like, dislike, etc.? Tell me about the curriculum. What kind of preparation is their for the boards? Tell me about the faculty, staff, and other students. etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for your help!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone, students, applicants, etc., tell me more about CCOM. I can only find so much information on the school using their website and the college information book.

What do you like, dislike, etc.? Tell me about the curriculum. What kind of preparation is their for the boards? Tell me about the faculty, staff, and other students. etc. etc. etc.

Check out the Osteopathic Specific School Section which has a whole thread dedicated to CCOM at http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=815680

Also, "militarymed" what branch are you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the Osteopathic Specific School Section which has a whole thread dedicated to CCOM at http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=815680

Yeah, I have been going through there. Just seems like there are not many specific reasons as to why people like it there so much. People just like it! lol

But I would really love to hear from actual students or specific reasons as to why applicants are applying there.

I will probably be joining the Air Force Medical Corps through the Health Professional Scholarship Program.

What about you?

I am a Hospital Corpsman in the U.S. Navy and have been for over 4 years. I am almost done applying to the Health Services Collegiate Program (which is Navy only) and pays you active duty pay with full benefits (vs. a stipend without benefits) while you go through medical school. Not many people know about it and it only really benefits those with prior service and the GI Bill. Good luck in the application process.

I applied to both AZCOM and CCOM (I put in CCOM over the weekend) I alrdy got an interview invite from AZCOM...it seems the curriculum is roughly the same since its the same university...i like that you get early patient contact (something not every DO school does and something many MD schools are moving towards)..they teach you how to perform a physical and take a patient history by the end of ur first yr...and I feel having the early contact with patients makes ur earlier rotations a lot easier and ull be more relaxed...CCOM has really good rotation sites in some big hospitals like Cook County (if you do a search u can find more of the sites) some love it cuz its also in chicago, ive only visited once and it is really nice...to me chicago is like a mix of LA and New York...and CCOM also has a really good rep since it is an older DO school

I am a Hospital Corpsman in the U.S. Navy and have been for over 4 years. I am almost done applying to the Health Services Collegiate Program (which is Navy only) and pays you active duty pay with full benefits (vs. a stipend without benefits) while you go through medical school. Not many people know about it and it only really benefits those with prior service and the GI Bill. Good luck in the application process.

I never knew of that program. Very nice! Thank you for serving our country! Good luck with the application process, btw.

I applied to both AZCOM and CCOM (I put in CCOM over the weekend) I alrdy got an interview invite from AZCOM...it seems the curriculum is roughly the same since its the same university...i like that you get early patient contact (something not every DO school does and something many MD schools are moving towards)..they teach you how to perform a physical and take a patient history by the end of ur first yr...and I feel having the early contact with patients makes ur earlier rotations a lot easier and ull be more relaxed...CCOM has really good rotation sites in some big hospitals like Cook County (if you do a search u can find more of the sites) some love it cuz its also in chicago, ive only visited once and it is really nice...to me chicago is like a mix of LA and New York...and CCOM also has a really good rep since it is an older DO school

This is great information! Anyone know about the facilities and faculty members? What about student life?

This is great information! Anyone know about the facilities and faculty members? What about student life?
BTW I want to thank both of u for ur service...I am former Israeli Defense Forces combat medic myself...i am thinking of doing the Navy HPSP (I am a dual citizen and have been informed i should be fine even with the security clearance)...I am still not 100% sure yet tho

Totally off topic but uhm... kinda embarrassed to say this...

I thought in my head that IDFsoldierboy meant:

I'd F (make love to) Soldjaboy (the rapper).

Glad that's all cleared up now!

hahah thats what u get for gettin ur butt kicked by mega-man so often!

LOL that is funny

BTW I want to thank both of u for ur service...I am former Israeli Defense Forces combat medic myself...i am thinking of doing the Navy HPSP (I am a dual citizen and have been informed i should be fine even with the security clearance)...I am still not 100% sure yet tho

I am sure you have had some pretty amazing experiences!