All done with MCC!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umza

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All done with the MCCs!! So glad to be done!!
They aren't getting another 1600 from me!!
Congrats to all those who passed!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Uzma,

Good to know that you are all done with the MCC exams; I wish you good luck. I have a query and would really appreciate it if you can answer. I am a medical student from Pakistan in my final year of the MBBS degree. My hubby received Canadian immigration this year and we are planning to relocate permanently in March 09. I would not be able to complete my House job (medical training) due to relocating. I was wondering if this would cause any problems in persuing my career in Canada?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Many Thanks and Best regards

IMG08

I would not be able to complete my House job (medical training) due to relocating. I was wondering if this would cause any problems in persuing my career in Canada?

Yes, it will cause problems. You'll need to take and pass the MCCEE, apply through carms, and hopefully be one of the 9% or so of imgs who match.
The other alternative is to make a large cash donation to a program, in exchange for a training spot.

If I were you, don't bother with Canada. I've known way too many docs that waste MANY years as lab techs trying to match in Carms. Go for the US where there are many leftover spots in peds, FM, psych. You will match there if you do decently on the USMLE and have some US clinical experience.