All MCAT test centers full already!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chipaev

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm kinda freaking out over here, I went to register for the MCAT this morning and I can't find a spot. Basically no matter which test center I pick (some even 200 miles from my house) and no matter which date (even the latest date that they have available) it tells me that there are no seats available! Someone please let me know if this is a bug or should I plan on taking the MCATs in June? I didn't think registering 3 months in advance was procrastinating!

:eek::scared:

Edit: RESOLVED: It seems like it was a problem on their end.I just checked after their lengthy server downtime and it seems like there are open spots all over the place near me. Thanks for the support, guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm even checking Kansas and places like that it shows NOTHING open ANYWHERE? Is that possible?

Yes, it's possible. We've all been there. Just keep your eye on it. As test day approaches, people change test dates or they cancel altogether. If you have three months, I'm sure you'll find a seat somewhere if you check every day.

from the website i just saw this:

We are currently in maintenance.

We have test centers to prepare, reports to run, and a lot of hard work to ensure you are able to register successfully. Unfortunately this requires that we put the system into maintenance from time to time. Please return later, and we'll be happy to help you!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're in oklahoma its true. I took the MCAT in january and was going to re-register in case, but the closest open test center was in san antonio tx. Needless to say ill wait.

I somehow find it extremely hard to believe that EVERY SINGLE testing center anywhere in the US that is open that I checked is full. In any case I hope that the maintenance is fixing the "issue" and that not every place that is open for registration is full. :D

Hey...i too was frantic when I found out that all sites in my area (cleveland ohio) were full...but i checked in pa, all of ohio, illinois, indiana, michigan...all FULL. and just last night (11:30) i checked and saw that there were a few open seats at 4 locations in my area...so ALL OF THEM FILLED UP IN 12 HOURS?!? I think something shady is going on...

Don't fret... seats always open up, just keep checking... as someone has already mentioned... people often cancel or reschedule their exams (especially several weeks leading up to the exam)... you'll find a spot

when I took my MCAT the first time, I got a call from Prometric 2 weeks, I repeat... 2 weeks before my MCAT, and told me that the test center had to be closed on the day I was taking the exam... they did not offer another seat for me in place of the one they closed... and of course, every available seat was closed (I was taking my exam on the last available day in September) I kept checking every day for a seat, and eventually one opened up at another site on the same day... I still cannot believe that Prometric had the nerve to do something like that without opening up new seats, they told me that if no seats opened up, I'd have to take the exam in January! But then they opened up new test dates 3 days before my exam... I had already had a seat by then

RESOLVED:

It seems like it was an error in their system and testing spots are now showing open in almost every single testing center near me even in April.

Thanks for the support guys.

Yeah, it opened for me too...May 22nd at the amazing time of 8am (that's gonna be fun)...anyway, back to studying...