All pharmacy students, post your class statistics.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heyyyyy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some pharmacy schools don't post it on their website. It would be nice if you could post your class statistics as you might have been told during your orientation. I don?t know mine yet but will do as I find out.

Total applicants?
# of Accepted?
Average Gpa?
Degree holders?
Average Pcat?
Average age?
Age range?

Members don't see this ad.

University of Houston Class of 2007

Applicants:

Acceptances:

GPA:
3.40-3.45

Pcat:
85% Average

Youngest: 19
Eldest: 38

Degree-holder:
70-75%

Members don't see this ad :)
U of Florida

Applicants: 960

Accepted by campus:

Gainesville: 130
St. Petersburg: 62
Orlando: 50
Jacksonville: 45

They didn't announce average GPA or PCAT.

I'm the oldest at 46, but there are several students not much younger than I am. Again, they didn't tell us average age.

What about the # of out of state students admitted? I'd like to know so I won't waste my time applying to schools that I don't have a snowflake's chance in hell of getting into because I'm from out of state.

Originally posted by karmapatroL
What about the # of out of state students admitted? I'd like to know so I won't waste my time applying to schools that I don't have a snowflake's chance in hell of getting into because I'm from out of state.

During orientation, they made students raise their hands who were from out of state. One person raised their hand. UF is a state school. Private schools have no obligation to fill their slots with residents.

Originally posted by karmapatroL

I'll get the stats as soon as they're available. We're private (and $$$).. so about 30-40% out of state, maybe. State schools are the ones that you have to be careful of if you're not a resident of that state. Just call the admissions offices and they will be able to tell you how many students are residents vs. out of state.

Ferris State University College of Pharmacy

PROFILE OF 2003 ADMISSIONS
Total Applicant Pool 689
Qualified Applicants 471
Admitted Students 130

PCAT
Composite Ave (percentile) 220 (83%)
Range: 175 - 269
Average by examination category:
Verbal Ability 209 (61%)
Biology 223 (80%)
Reading Comp 215 (74%)
Quantitative Ability 224 (81%)
Chemistry 229 (91%)

Pre-Pharmacy GPA
Average 3.48
Range: 2.7 ? 4.0
Chemistry GPA 3.43
Biology GPA 3.56
Math GPA 3.51

Pre-Pharmacy Level/Degrees
No degree 94
Associate Degree 16
Bachelor?s Degree 20

Demographic Profile
Michigan admits 115 (88%)
Non-Michigan admits 15 (12%)
Male 52 (40%)
Female 78 (60%)
FSU admits 41 (32%)
Foreign 9 ( 7%)

Principal Undergraduate Colleges
Alpena Community College
Central Michigan University
Ferris State University
Grand Rapids Community College
Grand Valley State University
Henry Ford Community College
Michigan State University
Wayne State University

Transfer Origin of Non-Michigan Students
Arizona
Illinois
California
Indiana
Canada
Iowa
Ethiopia

Total applicants? 1400
# of Accepted? 200
Average Gpa? 3.4
Degree holders? 50% ? i forget
Average Pcat? none
Average age? 24
Age range? 19 - 50? i forget

UOP

West Virginia SoP

Applicants: 222
Accepted: 81
Average GPA: 3.62
GPA Range: 3.13- 4.00
Average Science GPA: 3.54
Science GPA Range: 3.11 - 4.00
Average PCAT: 76
PCAT Rance: 33-99
Average age: 21
Age Range: 19-39

where's the stats for USC? Western?

WVUPharm2007,

Any idea as to how many out of state people got in? I thought I was a lock to get in after my interview but being that im from Florida, I think that took away from my acceptance. Does my theory hold any water? Thanks

1 person from Kentucky, I THINK 6 or 7 from Pennsylvania, the rest are West Virginians. But upwards of 90%, nonetheless.

I don't think they like foreigners (West Virginia is a sovereign nation) too well, and the ones they do like are usually from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, or have outstanding credentials.

WVUpharm2007,

Thanks for the imput. I figured as much since im a florida boy!!! Thanks again, wish I was with you, but I really like where I am at as well. I miss having a football team to root for. Oh well,I can still root for those dasterdly Miami Hurricanes even though they are 100's of miles away from me!