All Texans respond. Please.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RustedFox

The mouse police never sleeps.
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/30/opinion/moore-texas-growth/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

See above. I would love the Texan constituency of the forum to weigh in.

I'm no Texas-hater. I have an uncle in Houston (Pathologist), and he's happy where he is. I've been critical of Texas in the past on this forum, both in seriousness and in jest.

We can't "all move there", but... for a guy who is working on getting his Texas license... does this strike a chord in one direction or another with the crew ?

Members don't see this ad.

ATTENTION MODS: Could you please change the thread title? - "Texas ?!" or something related would be great.

Sorry, its my fault. No idea how it happened, but touchscreens are tricky.

ATTENTION MODS: Could you please change the thread title? - "Texas ?!" or something related would be great.

Sorry, its my fault. No idea how it happened, but touchscreens are tricky.
If you go to desktop view you can edit thread titles.

Members don't see this ad :)
Desktop view ?
Web view on your phone, in safari or go to an actual computer. (I think that's how?) I haven't done it in a while but I've edited thread titles before and I think that's how. God knows I've started a half million of them. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
I'm no Texan, but this just sounds like a Texan trying to scare Californians out of moving there.

To be honest, I got bored and didn't finish the article. He could have just written EBOLA if he wanted to effectively freak people out.

Traffic sucks regardless of where you live. Resource problems are not unique to TX, the whole Southwest is drying up. Every state could have a list to try to deter people but the pluses to TX outweigh any of these scare tactics, in my opinion. I'd be working beside you there tomorrow (ebola be d@mned) if family obligations hadn't pulled me away.

Last edited:
Just sounds like a bunch of whiny nonsense. Stay away then, more for me that way.

What struck me was his argument for their being the highest percentage of uninsured people there of any state.

Clearly hasn't impacted physician incomes too terribly. (Though imagine the possibilities with the same environment and actual insured patients. Even if its sh*tty, it'd be enough for our purposes)

Wow this is a whiny article... The one that gets me is "bad roads". Do some states have great roads? In NY state many roads are severly damage every winter, and it often takes all spring/summer/fall to do the repairs.

It does seem like a crappy attempt at "scare tactics".

Texas is the Republican dream bolted onto an booming economy. It does all the things well you'd expect it to (maximizing individual and corporate economic opportunity, providing a subjective sense of "freedom" from government interference excepting uterine related issues) and it has all the problems you'd expect it to (ineffective central planning, little to no safety net, minimal long-term investment in public infrastructure). As long as the economy is booming, Column A makes up for Column B especially among highly skilled workers. Given how aggressively invested in energy production Texas is, the economy should be fine for quite some time.