ALL the info you need/want about ANY med school...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highlighter

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
...for only ~$10!! I'm so sick of these threads that ask "anyone know the average MCAT at____? and "anyone know the interview/accept rate at ______and _____?" and "anyone know the notification dates of ______, ______, and ______"

Always in these posts you get some people who give educated guesses... some people who give you the real info... others who give you outdated info... and still others who just make sh1t up to mess with you!

SUBSCRIBE TO USNEWS AND WORLD REPORT ONLINE NOW!!! For only $10 you can get all and any information you could ever reasonably want. You can get applied/interviewed/accepted data not only for all applicants... but a break down of minorities, women, instate, out of state, etc... You can get average gpa/science gpa... MCAT, percentage of a given major in the class... pretty ANYTHING you could want.... and it's RELIABLE, UP-To-DATE (the MOST recent) information. AND... you get info that is NOT IN THE PAPER COPY.

Did I mention you can get info on hospitals too?

When you think of how much money you spend on aps, interviews, secondaries... what's $10? Here's the link... it will be the best $10 you've ever spent in this process.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/med/brief/mdrrank_brief.php

Click on "buy now."

And NO I do NOT work for USNews... I just think this would solve a lot of your problems. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

wow.. you must be soooo sick of them given that you've been here for a whopping 2 months. we help each other out here. instead of spending 10 bucks on lousy US news- i can buy like 5 40's. so, i think others would agree that we dont mind posting info for each other, and that you're a jackass.

p

Members don't see this ad :)
I paid the $10 and would be happy to give anyone any info they may want or need. I think it would really suck to pay the $10 (when you are already hurting for cash) only to find out that the school you were interested in didn't even submit the info (i. e. Medical University of South Carolina). So, if anyone needs stats, just PM me or post, i'll get back to you as soon as i can.
streetdoc

hey sham, here you go-

in-state:
applied 867
interviewed: 321
accepted: 161
enrolled: 85

out-of-state:
applied: 4309
interviewed: 436
accepted: 202
enrolled: 59

hope that helps
streetdoc

highlighter-
looks like you're feeling the love... biyyaaatch.

p

Originally posted by poloace
highlighter-
looks like you're feeling the love... biyyaaatch.

p

Wow... you guys are really friendly... :rolleyes: And you all look down on the PR board?

I'm just trying to give y'all some advice... and you come out attacking me.

You want to waste your time posting asking for info... and then not be sure if the info you get is accurate... suit yourself! ANd if the rest of you want to waste your time "being nice" and posting accurate or inaccurate info... be my guest. But I thought I'd let those who might want to have access to loads of info instatnly without having to post... that they can have it all at one website.

I was annoyed by all the "what's the... at....?" posts because I thought these people didn't know about USNews... but I guess they do and just enjoy wasting their time... waiting for repsonses that may or may not have correct info.

Qeez... some of you guys need some weed or prozac or something...

can everyone chill out?!? highlighter, most if not all ;) of the people on this board are not dumb, we know about the USnews rankings, but thanks for reminding us again. :)

the purpose of the board is to help people out and some people do that by posting the information from USnews here,get?

:)

Can someone please post the following regarding Albany?

# Applied
# Interviewed
# Accepted
# Matriculated

Thanks a bunch!

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 5,943 1,280 521 180
In state: 1,421 404 185 88
Out of state: 4,522 876 336 92
Women: 2,794 617 272 83
Minorities: 803 156 58 25
International: 155 20 5 3

Acceptance rate: 8.8%

Originally posted by poloace
wow.. you must be soooo sick of them given that you've been here for a whopping 2 months. we help each other out here. instead of spending 10 bucks on lousy US news- i can buy like 5 40's. so, i think others would agree that we dont mind posting info for each other, and that you're a jackass.

p

Better yet, that $10 is about 1/15th of a stethescope, or may be 1/10th of a biochem text. On second thought, spend it on the 40's.
:p