Do med school adcoms talk to each other/share info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lise890

Reaction score
Let's just say I goofed really hard on a school (which I did), do adcoms know each other and what are the chances some other school will find out that I am a complete fool? Also just curious since I think I've seen people say different things about whether adcoms gossip/share info about applicants (there was also that one vid from Dr. Grey with a Texas dean who said he's suuuuper close with another texas med school dean and it definitely sounded like they talk about applicants).

As for what I messed up on, I attached stuff in the upload letters multiple times (kept forgetting small stuff like the date, or realized I should reword something) and I'm not sure now if the AMP system will only display my most recent letter on the med school end or if they can see my bajillion reuploads...It didn't occur to me that they might store every copy of my upload until days later

Members don't see this ad.

If your huge goof is that you submitted a document multiple times, I wouldn’t stress too hard. You can always chalk it up to technological issues or can just be honest and say you erroneously uploaded the wrong versions and tried to fix it. I don’t think anyone would gossip about you and be like “oh damn, that one applicant out of thousands, yeah don’t take them they uploaded their resume 5 times oh the horror.”

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Doubt they talk formally as it would violate past legal decisions. For example HYP used to talk to each other about who to admit and a court said they couldn’t because of antitrust or something

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Collegial relationships exist, but talking about specific applicants before a decision is not professional. That said, we cannot control faculty chatting with other faculty, which is likely what Dr. Gray refers to. We certainly don't control what deans do.

Reactions: 2 users
I attached stuff in the upload letters multiple times (kept forgetting small stuff like the date, or realized I should reword something) and I'm not sure now if the AMP system will only display my most recent letter on the med school end or if they can see my bajillion reuploads...
I don't think you would break AMP. I don't know if a school sets the upload module for overwriting uploaded files or just keeps attaching. I would think it would be a mistake to give applicants unlimited uploading power. Regardless the managing staff could figure out your redundancy and move appropriately. We aren't giving our adcoms all the versions of your document.

Let's just say I goofed really hard on a school (which I did), do adcoms know each other and what are the chances some other school will find out that I am a complete fool? Also just curious since I think I've seen people say different things about whether adcoms gossip/share info about applicants (there was also that one vid from Dr. Grey with a Texas dean who said he's suuuuper close with another texas med school dean and it definitely sounded like they talk about applicants).

As for what I messed up on, I attached stuff in the upload letters multiple times (kept forgetting small stuff like the date, or realized I should reword something) and I'm not sure now if the AMP system will only display my most recent letter on the med school end or if they can see my bajillion reuploads...It didn't occur to me that they might store every copy of my upload until days later
They do talk to each other, but not in the granular detail that you are worried about

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users