allegra is available OTC, didn't you know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nguyenkd

Alone with my insanity.
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just got home from work. i love how the customer is always right. hostile lady came up to the counter and asked for allegra. pharmacist told her that it wasn't available OTC. she said she got some at krogers and that she was surprised. pharmacist told her she needed an rx. she said she got 2 boxes at krogers, went home, and discovered online that it indeed was available OTC. pharmacist jokingly asked which krogers she got it at cause he wanted some too. hostile lady wanted allegra now. pharmacist began to spell allegra..."was it a-l-l-e..." hostile lady threw a hissy fit..."i know how to spell! i know what i'm talking about! blahblahhhhh..profanities %^#&%" hostile lady didn't get any allegra and we made fun of hostile lady.

ah....much better. :D

Members don't see this ad.

nguyenkd said:
just got home from work. i love how the customer is always right. hostile lady came up to the counter and asked for allegra. pharmacist told her that it wasn't available OTC. she said she got some at krogers and that she was surprised. pharmacist told her she needed an rx. she said she got 2 boxes at krogers, went home, and discovered online that it indeed was available OTC. pharmacist jokingly asked which krogers she got it at cause he wanted some too. hostile lady wanted allegra now. pharmacist began to spell allegra..."was it a-l-l-e..." hostile lady threw a hissy fit..."i know how to spell! i know what i'm talking about! blahblahhhhh..profanities %^#&%" hostile lady didn't get any allegra and we made fun of hostile lady.

ah....much better. :D

10 bucks says it was Claritin. :laugh:

We had a lady come in one time to get a Prevacid rx filled. Asks for generic, we tell her there's no generic available, but there is Prilosec OTC and also omeprazole with an Rx (good luck getting insurance to cover without a prior auth!). Ring her up, she goes on her way rather uneventfully. About 25 minutes later we get a phone call, and this lady is IRATE. She says that she cannot believe "the audacity of the pharmacy staff", and why we'd tell her there's no generic available for Prevacid, especially when "my drug book here lists lansoprazole, plain as day!"

Everyone is an expert.