rph3664

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Details are changing by the minute, but the one thing that is definite is that Brian Short, the founder of http://www.allnurses.com, his wife, and their 3 children are all dead. :( Although IANAN (duh), I used to post there sometimes, as did a number of other HCPs of all stripes. Even non-HCPs were welcome as long as they were respectful.

They lived in the Twin Cities area.

ETA: Founder, not found.

OP
R

rph3664

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
What a despicable act. He should've killed himself and not his family if he's indeed the murderer. He deserves no mention other than he was a murderous coward.
I used to say that too, until I Googled a physician who did rotations on the Indian reservation the same time I did. Finding out he was deceased was bad enough; discovering that he killed himself in front of his two small children and estranged wife, and the neighbors too, in his front yard left me absolutely horrified. I would never have expected him to do something like this. :(

OP
R

rph3664

7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
We're discussing this on a true crime board I post on, and someone who said they lived in the area said that a lot of people initially thought the teenage son did it; apparently, he has (unspecified) "issues".

With a "father" like that, gee, I wonder why.

el_duderino

Some men play tennis, I erode the human soul
7+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
We're discussing this on a true crime board I post on, and someone who said they lived in the area said that a lot of people initially thought the teenage son did it; apparently, he has (unspecified) "issues".

With a "father" like that, gee, I wonder why.
For real? Come on.