Allopathic Vs. Osteopathic questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricCSU

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophomore in college right now, and as of one month ago, I'm a pre-med student too. I'm wondering what the pros and cons of going to an osteopathic school. I know both MD's and DO's are equally as respected, so that isn't an issue. Do the big name DO schools carry as much weight as a big name MD school? Is it easier/harder to get into DO school? Do people ever apply to both? I know MD's usually respect DO's, but what about the opposite? I know DO's work with the muscular system to relieve pain, but what does this mean exactly? Is it a form of medically-based massage? How often is it used? What do MD's think about it?

Thank you in advance for all of your answers. I can use all the information I can get, because all of this is so interesting to me. Have a great day!

Members don't see this ad.

im not the expert... but i think you could find this for your self... i mean here in this message thingy..This subject comes out alot... i read like at least three on this topic..

The confused freshman....=)

Ericcsu,

Popoman is very right. There are lots (and LOTS) of old strings on this site where people have asked the same types of questions that you posed.With a litle snooping around on some of the old strings you should be able to find tons of information that should at least get you started. It is good that you are thinking of these types of things now (early in your education)

Take care and study hard!

bDOc03
UHS, MS-1

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.