Almost at rock bottom…what do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They may have just posted with their practice score there

Members don't see this ad.

This is ridiculous. I'm not a troll. Yes, I agree that I have anxiety and pre-med neuroticism to a whole other level and this shows in my other threads. I absolutely must get that under control before I start something as intense as med school. As I've mentioned, I've been trying to apply and take the test for a while now. Those threads do show my practice scores not the real thing. But I decided on a year off and never actually scored it, so hence, this new thread and situation. I realize something needs to be fixed...I just didn't know how and wanted some advice.

Reactions: 1 users
This is ridiculous. I'm not a troll. Yes, I agree that I have anxiety and pre-med neuroticism to a whole other level and this shows in my other threads. I absolutely must get that under control before I start something as intense as med school. As I've mentioned, I've been trying to apply and take the test for a while now. Those threads do show my practice scores not the real thing. But I decided on a year off and never actually scored it, so hence, this new thread and situation. I realize something needs to be fixed...I just didn't know how and wanted some advice.
You got some good advice before people ruined the thread, so best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@Mad Jack is right on target. The MCAT and when you apply is issue #2. Your anxiety and why you're sabotaging your own life is issue #1.

Take this extra year and master issue #1 while also fixing issue #2 on the side. Don't rush into an August retake as that's too late for this cycle anyway (unless you're planning for DO). So January is fine -- really. (Why did you wait until JULY this cycle anyway? That was also a self-defeating decision.)

But yeah - tackle the anxiety and self-destructive life habits first. You'll need to master those before you'll be able to succeed in medical school. Build strong mental health habits --

I'm not sure why I am continuously sabotaging my own life. I was planning for an April date, which got postponed to May and then June, and finally July. The July one didn't work out and now, it's August. However, I just found out that since I already used up my two attempts this year, I only have two left (within the two year consecutive MCAT rule - you can only take it 4 times). I'm worried that if I rush into the August 4th date, I may get a low score, and then I'll be at even more pressure to perform on my last attempt next year. I also have not submitted my primary yet, there is still polishing to do, and I'd probably have to submit that ~August 10th.

It looks like I am forced to take a year off. Or should I just take the August 4 and try for this cycle at my state schools? I just can't believe this happened :(

Or you could just go to California and marry the guy there that you have/haven't? met and become a PA or DNP --

Or you could just go to California and marry the guy there that you have/haven't? met and become a PA or DNP --

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic. I just wanted some optimistic advice since I'm feeling very down right now considering my plans backfired a full 360° .

I would have some sympathy, except you have literally been saying the same thing about taking the MCAT since 2013, when you joined. 3 years later, nothing has changed.

I will repeat my statement, you are either a troll, or someone who has some serious anxiety problems. Either way, the help you need is not on SDN.

I'm not sure why I am continuously sabotaging my own life. I was planning for an April date, which got postponed to May and then June, and finally July. The July one didn't work out and now, it's August. However, I just found out that since I already used up my two attempts this year, I only have two left (within the two year consecutive MCAT rule - you can only take it 4 times). I'm worried that if I rush into the August 4th date, I may get a low score, and then I'll be at even more pressure to perform on my last attempt next year. I also have not submitted my primary yet, there is still polishing to do, and I'd probably have to submit that ~August 10th.

It looks like I am forced to take a year off. Or should I just take the August 4 and try for this cycle at my state schools? I just can't believe this happened :(

Like many others have stated on this forum...don't rush it. August is late to start applying...or even having your application hinge on a future MCAT score. Many of us have been there and it takes time. My undergrad lab partner took 2 years off and took the MCAT 4 times...he was recently matched for his residency. So there is hope.