Alternate procedures-unofficial transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm about to officially begin using the alternate procedures at all the AMCAS schools available at this point and noticed that some want transcripts but dont specifically state whether they have to be official transcripts.

At my school, unofficial transcripts are free but officials cost $5 a pop. I'd rather not spend $5 for each of the 26 AMCAS schools I'm applying to.

Do you think I could get away with just sending them an unofficial transcript if it doenst specifically state to send an official one?

Why do they need to be official anyways? My understanding is that the schools are going to wait until AMCAS electronic transmission before making any final admissions decisions anyways.

Members don't see this ad.

Is five bucks really that big a deal in the scheme of things? Yes I know we alraedy paid AMCAS to send transcripts for us, but is it really going to stop you from using these alternate pathways? Also, how many of your schools are actually using alternate pathways, and how many of those require transcripts at all? I am applying to 11 schools. 4 are using alternate pathways (so far), and only 1 requires transcripts.

I was wondering the same thing baylor. Problem is, five bucks adds up when you have 7 transcripts to request to be sent to 20+ schools.

Andrew