Alternates that received acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

horsybaby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am glad to be one of the first to post here... Just found out from my parents, I am off the wait list for Purdue:) Still waiting to hear from Colorado... I have to say- I do feel less stressed already:)
Good Luck to all other alternates- I am pulling for you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

when did you get your letter from purdue???

I am glad to be one of the first to post here... Just found out from my parents, I am off the wait list for Purdue:) Still waiting to hear from Colorado... I have to say- I do feel less stressed already:)
Good Luck to all other alternates- I am pulling for you!!!

Congratulations, horsybaby!!!!!!:D yay yay yay!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
It just came in the mail this afternoon- the minute it came my parents read it to me on speakerphone!!

I was taken off the alternate list too at Ohio State today!!! Greg called me by telephone after I had just finished speaking with Dr. Sander at the Ohio State open house. Life is good!:D

A little off-topic but, I was in Columbus today house-hunting and drove by the open house. I can't believe it's been a year since I was there, twichingly nervous as a prospective applicant!! Crazy how time flies...

Congrats on your acceptance!! I assume you'll be joining us?

As of right now, I am planning on attending. I am also waitlisted at Iowa State, so if I get taken off of the waitlist at ISU then I will have some thinking to do.

Just found out from my parents, I am off the wait list for Purdue:) Still waiting to hear from Colorado... I have to say- I do feel less stressed already:)

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!:D

(Although I'm still pulling for you to come to CSU!) :hardy:

Alldolledup. Congrats on your phone call from greg. i am really really really wanting mine. do you mind saying what your waitlist number was?

i'm guessing we should hear about 5 days or so after today's deadline?? I'm guessing since wv has a contract for 6 seats at uga than if they're all filled they should tell me i'm rejected....i hope i'm at the top of the list

Hi animalallergy... No, I don't mind saying. I was ranked as the number 1 alternate among wva contract alternates. I am not sure if I was technically supposed to find out this early or not, but I was up at the open house, like I had said before and I started talking to Dr. Sander and Greg and one thing led to another and before you knew it, I had a voice message in my mailbox letting me know that I was definitely going to be accepted this fall. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hi MaxPower... I wanted to give you information... When I was at the Ohio State Open house. Greg had told me that only 2/5 contract seats had accepted their Ohio State offer's, so I don't know if those other three contracts are going to UGACVM or where, but I hope you get in and keep me posted!!!

:thumbup: w00h00!! Congrats y'all, thats fantastic! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi animalallergy... No, I don't mind saying. I was ranked as the number 1 alternate among wva contract alternates. I am not sure if I was technically supposed to find out this early or not, but I was up at the open house, like I had said before and I started talking to Dr. Sander and Greg and one thing led to another and before you knew it, I had a voice message in my mailbox letting me know that I was definitely going to be accepted this fall. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Hi MaxPower... I wanted to give you information... When I was at the Ohio State Open house. Greg had told me that only 2/5 contract seats had accepted their Ohio State offer's, so I don't know if those other three contracts are going to UGACVM or where, but I hope you get in and keep me posted!!!

well i'm hoping those two got accepted and declined UGA...I know 2 i think that declined thier osu spot for uga. It's all so frustrating!!

I just got a call from the dean and I am off the alternate list and attending KSU! For those of you going I look forward to meeting you and good luck to any other alternates!

MIZZOU!!!!!!! WOOHOO, finally got in somewhere in the states. Got a call today while I was on a Herp. trip (out of state)

Congratulations you guys! I'm so happy you're headed to vet school!

Ratbandit do you know what number you were on the list for mizzou (if you don't mind me asking), I am on the list, too. Thanks

It didn't say in my letter what my waitlist number was and I didn't call to ask. Also I don't know if the resident waitlist is different (are you from Missouri?) I'm out of state so it might be a different list. Hopefully we will all be in class together come fall!

got into Penn off the waitlist!!! apparently they decided to extend the class to 115 so they asked me!!! im freaking out! :banana:

Congrats Chipster !! :D UF's loss, Penn's gain!!

Congratulations Chipster!!

Thanks! yea I want to send UF a big fat HA! i know it will happen for you too philo! good luck!

congrats, chipster, that's AWESOME!

I just got a call from Wisc for acceptance off the alternate list. I was 15 and its still pretty early so they could make it pretty far down the list

I got in to KSU!! I got off the waitlist there yesterday. Apparently I was #2.

I got my email from Ohio State, I am in off the waitlist!!!! Lucky #32 for those of you wondering!! I still cant believe it. I must have re-read the email 20 times to make sure I didnt misunderstand. :D

I got my email from Ohio State, I am in off the waitlist!!!! Lucky #32 for those of you wondering!! I still cant believe it. I must have re-read the email 20 times to make sure I didnt misunderstand. :D

Congrats FishHick!

Congrats Fishhick, that's fantastic! We look forward to you joining us at OSU.

I hope you got my spot! It's a great school, and I'm so happy for you!!! (PS 32 is one of my fav number, so it is lucky!)

Congratulations Fishhick!! Looks like I'll be seeing you in Columbus!! Let's keep in touch in case either of us has any questions. Did you get the housing e-mail sent out by Taira?

FishHick, were u instate or out-of-state???

Much congrats!! I look forward to meeting you in September!:)

Thank you all for your nice comments.

alldolledup-I did receive the email today, I was at work all day and havent had a chance to really look at it.

BanLVG- I was an out of state applicant. I am from Michigan.

Got a call this morning....I am off the waitlist and going to KSU!!:D

Got a call this morning from Tufts. I'm in off of the waitlist...

Hi all,
I got a call from Jennifer Mailey at cornell yesterday. I am off the waitlist and have to decide between Tufts and Cornell by sunday morning. It's a tough decision but I'm working on it!

Good luck

Hey congrats to all that got off their waitlists, and for those who are still waiting, good luck!

~Got the call today from Tufts. Accepted off the alternate list (I'm in state)

RunnerDC,
Will you be going to Tufts or are you still MN-bound?

To those of you who got off the waitlist at KSU, were you in state or out of state, if you don't mind me asking?

I guess I got in off the waitlist at NCSU. I kept on procrastinating calling this just because I've been busy at work. My mom got a letter from them today that began "Dear Graduate Student" but I haven't heard anything official. I will be turning them down. I'm #12 out of state. Good luck to everyone!

I was out of state.

Accepted off waitlist from Tufts! Got the voicemail from Patty today. I feel honored and excited, but think Davis is the best choice for me. Good luck to everyone.

i got off the tufts waitlist as well :) im still 99% sure im heading to colorado... though the thought of not having to move across the country (Actually not having to move at all) and paying instate tuition (though still very expensive, still cheaper than colorado out of state) and not having to fly home for holidays and instead being able to drive just 3 hours is very appealing. I have until may 4th to decide... just when I thought I was all set :)

You know you have to come to CO. :D But seriously congratulations on the Tufts acceptance.

Does anybody know if the UF list has moved? I haven't heard peep from the school in a while, and it's making me nervous. There have been rumors that the list might not move much this year because of our National Championships. Silly, but we still worry about it.

I found out april 15 that I'm off the waitlist for auburn! Just in time to make it to the open house! Good Luck

Brenda Cousins e-mailed me today to offer me a position. I'm probably going to turn it down in favor of Knoxville, but I want to think about it and discuss the options with my husband. I have until the 1st to decide.

I got off the wait list at Iowa State today!!! Wahoooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be a vet!!!!:banana: