Alternative to PT school suggestions?

Amr44

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently awaiting for replies from PT schools but it is not looking good. I graduated with a 3.2 and already retook 3 classes to get rid of C's since the last time I applied. Also have almost 1000 experience hours in PT with 500-600 working in a hospital. I have wanted to be a PT for some time, but I want to start working and not keep wasting years to get into PT school.

I am currently trying to research other careers in the healthcare field that I may enjoy and can make a decent living. I hear of people finding healthcare jobs or getting certificates in careers I have never heard of. These careers intrigue me more. I have read that radiation technicians can make a pretty good salary in NYC. Does anyone know any careers like this that may be interesting to me and can make a decent living?

Members don't see this ad.

podiatry, respiratory therapy, perfusionist (not sure about future due to technological advances), occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, audiology, anesthesia assistant, medical sonographer, radiation therapy...

podiatry, respiratory therapy, perfusionist (not sure about future due to technological advances), occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, audiology, anesthesia assistant, medical sonographer, radiation therapy...
Thanks for the reply. Podiatry and audiology would be doctors right? If I can't get into PT school I don't think I would get into Med school. I used to read a lot about perfusion but like you said, job outlook is not promising. Anesthesia assistant is interesting to me but it can't be practiced in NY and there is no school for it here which is not good for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. Podiatry and audiology would be doctors right? If I can't get into PT school I don't think I would get into Med school. I used to read a lot about perfusion but like you said, job outlook is not promising. Anesthesia assistant is interesting to me but it can't be practiced in NY and there is no school for it here which is not good for me.

You would be right in the wheelhouse for podiatry. Heck, you could probably pull off a DO acceptance with a little work.

Yes- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine and Doctor of Audiology.