Alternative to PT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeatherDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why are you sure you'll be 2+ hours from the nearest PT school in your future?

You can always apply after you move, assuming there's a school near you.

Athletic Training is good. However, the time invested in this profession is long, but it can be very rewarding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members don't see this ad :)
Become a PTA. It's not a bad job, but it only requires an associate's degree. Upward potential is not as good and the scope of practice is more limited. Obviously they're paid less.

Physician assistant wouldn't be a bad option either. PA schools are competitive, however.

Kevin

Athletic Training is good. However, the time invested in this profession is long, but it can be very rewarding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doesn't AT require a 4 yr. AT degree? My degree is in Exercise Science with an emphasis on exercise physiology.

Nothing is certain, but so far every city that's had a job that could work for my husband (he works in a very specific healthcare field) hasn't been close to a PT school (Boise, ID, Greenville, SC, Knoxville, TN, etc..)

Out of curiosity, what does your husband do?

Ya don't underestimate the cost of having a long commute to school!! Is there anyway your husband can compromise on the job that he takes for the next few years or is that not really being considered?