Step II alternative to self-assessments / practice NBME

Started by drake19
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drake19

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi so if you are OCD about getting the right answer/learning why you got an answer wrong I can suggest a pro-tip alternative to NBME self assessments. I still did the clinical mastery series - but this was during clerkship

So I did UWORLd step 3 instead of the NBMEs. Here is what I did instead of NBME in UWORLD step 3:

-UWSA x 1 (4 blocks of 48 questions)
-inpatient blocks (4 blocks of 48 questions )
-community health centre (3 blocks of 48 questions )
-emergency medicine block(6 blocks of 48 questions )

-there were about 7 blocks of office visits (48 questions each) - didn't have time to do those but I'm sure htey would have been great too.

So this is what I did - also I felt step 3 UWORLD more closely resembles step 2 since Step 3 question stems are much longer and the questions are "vaguer" and you really do feel like you are educating guessing in Step 3 UWORLD