Alternatives to a PhD at a university with a very small MD/PhD program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CHiP_Analysis

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently got into a medical school with a very small MD/PhD program. They take about 1 student a year. I'm still on the alternative list for some MSTPs but will likely matriculate into this school. With that being said, I was wondering what other research opportunities, outside of getting a PhD at this school, could be an option. I know that the NIH does a couple internships. Does anyone have a list of opportunities? I'm mainly interested in cancer and clinical research. Anything helps!