always end up with transcript problems..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfray

currently at work
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On my transcript, there's no indication that I took lab for the prereqs., just the fact that I took the 4-credit class and my grade. My schools combines lab and lecture grade together into 1 grade

How would they know that I took the lab then?! Is this going to cause problems for me? Any way to resolve this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't imagine most courses would show the lab is included unless it is a separate course. For the general bio/chem classes I'm sure it's assumed the lab is included, especially if its a 4 hour class.

yeah but my transcript doesn't even show how many hrs a week a particular class is! (it's 6 hrs/week btw).. so how would they know?!

Am I just going to assume that they would know and move on?

I came to the conclusion that my school sucks :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
My bio, chem, and physics labs are combined with my class too.

I think that's common.

I have a question:
If it's listed as: GENERAL CHEMISTRY I on the transcript, is it okay if i put down General Chemistry I?
Will it matter? :/

I would put down capitalization just in case... they did specify exactly as written.

In regards to lab - no. I applied last cycle without lab being listed for any course (Orgo, GenChem, Bio, Physics) and that was not a problem

oooh so schools never get to see our transcript?

oooh so schools never get to see our transcript?

No. As long as AADSAS verifies everything, then those grades you input onto AADSAS is considered "official" for dental schools.

However, prior to matriculation, sometime around June of next year for those who get accepted, schools will request a final transcript from your school.

I've asked this before but I wanted some more opinions...

If the course name on my transcript are in caps is it okay if i write them with only the first letter caps?

I think it's easier to read:

General Chemistry I - CHE 202
Multivariable Calculus - MAT 202

vs.

GENERAL CHEMISTRY I - CHE 202
MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS - MAT 202

I got two different answers when I called AASDSAS....

I've asked this before but I wanted some more opinions...

If the course name on my transcript are in caps is it okay if i write them with only the first letter caps?

I think it's easier to read:

General Chemistry I - CHE 202
Multivariable Calculus - MAT 202

vs.

GENERAL CHEMISTRY I - CHE 202
MULTIVARIABLE CALCULUS - MAT 202

I got two different answers when I called AASDSAS....
Make it exactly same as your transcript. My school it's all caps. Everyone I know did all caps. Everyone that did that got accepted. So caps = acceptances. :p

ahh okay.. can't make up my mind.. maybe i will stick to caps -__- lol