Am I a nontrad?

Started by Jumb0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jumb0

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Graduated undergrad in the class of 2014 w/premed courses completed.
I did a yearlong academic record enhancing post-bac, and now I am applying for matriculation in 2016.
1st generation immigrant/college student if that makes a difference.
 
I don't know what it matters. Are you worried a non-trad label would hurt you, or hoping it would help? Based on presumed age, major, and the increasingly popular gap year, I would say you're more traditional than non-trad.

Average age for matriculation is, what, around 22-24? And you knew enough in advance to take all pre-reqs, so it doesn't sound like you had a late epiphany. More so that you wanted to increase your stats. Unless you completed your degree at 35, you seem traditional.

Again though, I don't know if it matters.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well you fit the above described definition of nontrad, but nobody is going to regard you any differently than the person a year younger that didn't do a postbac. You won't be in the "adds diversity" pile with the oddball career changers and other people whose lives took more significant detours, if that's what you're asking.