Am I allowed to upload my own letters?

Started by roadtrip
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

roadtrip

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm getting some letters from people I've worked with professionally who have no idea about AMCAS or how it works. They would prefer to send their letters directly to me. Is this OK? Can I upload my own letters? Thanks!
 
I do not believe so.

Sign up for Interfolio, print out the cover sheet, stamp and label an envelope - give to your writer. All they will need to do is print and sign their letter, attach the form, stuff it in the envelope, and then put in outgoing mail.

Alternatively, they could upload it online to Interfolio, but it is slightly more confusing for the writer if they are technically challenged.

You can upload these letters on your own, but Interfolio will call them "Documents" and not "Confidential LORs."
 
Can you ask someone in your school's prehealth office to upload it for your letter writers? That way you can maintain the confidentiality.