Am I being a smart a@@???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So on the Tulane (and other applications) it asks me to list my grades. 6 credits are needed for biology. So, my ENTIRE General Biology series SUCKS!! i mean, my highest grade in Biology was a 3.0. My lowest was 2.1. That was when I was "academically challenged" aka immature.

Now, in my upper level Biology classes, I have had 3.7's to 4.0's. That's when I got my act together etc.

So, my question is--for the Biology grades they are requesting, is it okay for me to put down my Biochemistry and Upper level Zoology and Biology grades, instead of Gen Biology? I just wanna make a better impression, but does that make me look like a smartass??

Members don't see this ad.

Hmmm
I thought we were only supposed to fill out that part if we hadn't completed the courses when we submitted AMCAS?
Are you talking about question 6?

hhmmmm is that right???? I'll look into it.

But could you please answer that question anyway?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Bounty
Hmmm
I thought we were only supposed to fill out that part if we hadn't completed the courses when we submitted AMCAS?
Are you talking about question 6?

I don't know about Tulane, but I think in most applications this section is for all premed requirements. I think it's ok to list the upper division ones if they are good substitutes for the general bio, or if you list both.

Tweetie, com'n read it carefully. It asks you to list the classes you have taken or planning to take since you completed your AMCAS. So you do need to enter classes that are in your AMCAS application.

If they want to know what you got in general bio, they can look the damn grade up on AMCAS. Why do schools require us to use AMCAS if they just ignore it? I say put down whatever makes you look best and make them look up your general bio grade in AMCAS if they care that much.

People look at the application. They are not asking about the classes that are on AMCAS.

The question asks

"IF you had NOT completed these courses [premed reqs] when you submitted your amcas" then write it down.

which means if you HAD taken them, you don't have to put them down.

hope that makes it clear

Originally posted by uclabruins47
The question asks

"IF you had NOT completed these courses [premed reqs] when you submitted your amcas" then write it down.

which means if you HAD taken them, you don't have to put them down.

hope that makes it clear

That's what I am talking about

hey guys,
sorry I couldn't post all day. Yes, I didn't read it right. I got pulled into the last column that says "grades received" and I assumed they wanted all our grades. I was working on this at 2:30 a.m yesterday. I need to learn how to relax. :confused: Thanks for looking out for me!!!

Tweetie

George Washinton's secondary app does asks you to "list the required courses that fulfill our prerequisite requirements." What would you guys do? Put higher upper divsion with better grades? Would a Genetics class be considred Biology? Thanks!

UCLA Paratrooper