Medical Am I competitive for my top school choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
Wondering if based on my stats, if i am competitive enough for some of my, what i consider, reach schools?

cGPA: 3.86 sGPA:8.32 MCAT: 510. 2 year gap year. First year as a scribe in ED and currently will be working for the next year as a medical assistant at a dermatology office. Lots of extra curriculars in undergrad and won a Scholar award for my college upon graduation.
Schools include: Tufts, Emory, Wake Forest, Tulane and Stony Brook
Emory will be a donation. Ditto SUNY-SB IF you're not a NYer. You're OK for Tufts and Wake

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should make a list of 20 schools and post it here. You have the stats to get into an MD school, but I'd love to see a list of proposed schools to apply to so we can see your location preferences and critique it rather than coming up with it for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest the following:
ALL SUNYs
Rochester (maybe)
U ILL (maybe)
Emory
U CO
Tufts
Pitt (maybe)
Nova MD
U WI
U VM
Miami
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
TCU/UNT
Your state school.
Any DO program. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.