Am I CRAZY for Adding MORE Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AllDay24

Veteran Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If money isn't an issue and you are okay with the extra time for secondary essays, there is no reason not to add the extra schools. There is a definite element of randomness to applying to medical school and you never know when a top ranked school might like something in your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! It looks like I'll add more schools. Any ideas which ones would be strategic ones to add? (have enough safeties, looking for top schools)

Thanks! It looks like I'll add more schools. Any ideas which ones would be strategic ones to add? (have enough safeties, looking for top schools)
Duke's secondary is a beast so I'd leave that one out. UCSF might be a bit too much of a reach with a 3.8/33. Granted, your chances are decent everywhere, but since you're applying to mostly top schools, I'd leave those ones out. Northwestern, U of Mich, and U of Chicago are your best choices IMO.

Good luck!

With your stats and ECs, I think you're a likely candidate for some good scholarship $$ if you stay in-state.

Good luck wherever you end up... and good job these past couple years, those are some great ECs!