Am I Done? 2 Fs and 2 Ds on Freshman and Sophmore year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hech29asawwwSaaw

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe somebody can tell me about it. I am really stressed. I got 2 Fs and 2 Ds at CUNY community college. I got WU (which is considered as F grade) in my History class, and F from math class, later i retook it then got D, then i got higher level math and got B on it. i tried so hard to get a good grade on my General biology I, but i am about to get D grade. i earned 11 credit except this semester. I am really stressed. I just don't know what to do. are my chances to Med schools done? am i gonna end up getting biology degree? any suggestions please.

Members don't see this ad.

you are not done, but you need consistent performance higher than a 3.7 from this point on

Maybe somebody can tell me about it. I am really stressed. I got 2 Fs and 2 Ds at CUNY community college. I got WU (which is considered as F grade) in my History class, and F from math class, later i retook it then got D, then i got higher level math and got B on it. i tried so hard to get a good grade on my General biology I, but i am about to get D grade. i earned 11 credit except this semester. I am really stressed. I just don't know what to do. are my chances to Med schools done? am i gonna end up getting biology degree? any suggestions please.
I don’t know if it’s over. But Don’t take anymore classes until you figure out why you are having such a hard time. Go to your college’s learning support office and ask for help.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Depends on what you do from here on out. I graduated with a ~2.7 GPA consisting of a boatload of Cs (and one entire semester of Fs). I took a bunch of classes after graduating and did very well on my MCAT and found myself at what was always my top choice (a SUNY). Remediation is honestly harder than doing well in the first place because you have to do even better than that so it's not a simple task but surely can be done.

Depends on what you do from here on out. I graduated with a ~2.7 GPA consisting of a boatload of Cs (and one entire semester of Fs). I took a bunch of classes after graduating and did very well on my MCAT and found myself at what was always my top choice (a SUNY). Remediation is honestly harder than doing well in the first place because you have to do even better than that so it's not a simple task but surely can be done.
I heard that M.D calculates everything on transcript. but after you took a bunch of classes. how they looked at it?

I heard that M.D calculates everything on transcript. but after you took a bunch of classes. how they looked at it?

For me my MCAT was able to garner some attention. My substantial upward trend post-graduation showed what I was capable of, along with my boatload of ECs and work experience, a well-crafted PS and secondaries, and probably a decent amount of luck.

You're not dead yet, but the time interval between now and your matriculating into med school just got a lot longer.

You need to figure out why you're doing so poorly, and fix that.

Get thee to your school's learning or education center, STAT.
(cue for the orangepants troll to respawn, attack me and other SDNers and get banned again!)

Reactions: 1 user
You're not dead yet, but the time interval between now and your matriculating into med school just got a lot longer.

You need to figure out why you're doing so poorly, and fix that.

Get thee to your school's learning or education center, STAT.
(cue for the orangepants troll to respawn, attack me and other SDNers and get banned again!)

I'll attack you, because it's the internet.

giphy.gif

#Catsarecute :)

Reactions: 1 users
do you guys know anything about post-bach courses? i heard that some people retook some classes and turned their bad grades into better grade (after getting bachelor degree), then got into the med schools. but i am just curious that even though you retake classes, they will calculate everything on transcript.

do you guys know anything about post-bach courses? i heard that some people retook some classes and turned their bad grades into better grade (after getting bachelor degree), then got into the med schools. but i am just curious that even though you retake classes, they will calculate everything on transcript.

Every single class you take is counted by AMCAS in your GPA calculations. There is no grade replacement. If you retake a course both grades are factored into your GPAs.

No. You still have a chance. You need to make sure you realize why you're doing so poorly. Bad study habits? Lack of motivation? Bad time management? Figure that out ASAP.

One semester of bad grades, as a freshman will not kill you. Start acing stuff from now on. You may or may not need a postbacc. If you can get your cGPA to over a 3.5 you should be fine. Does your school do retroactive withdrawals?