am i done with?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoosier77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, my first semester was a rough one to say the least. I became extremely depressed and was diagnosed with extreme anxiety (which I am currently getting better). I know there is really no excuse for bad grades but maybe I am just to stuborn to realize I don't have what it takes to get to med school.

Sem 1
Chem lecture-C
Chem Lab- B
Spanish- B+
First Aide- A+
PreCal- F (thats what killed me)

Sem 2 (anticipated grades)
Chem- A-
Chem Lab- A
Spanish- B+
Sociology- A
PreCal- A

I know in some cases adcoms forgive the freshamn fall, but I am not banking on that. Obviously from now on I will get the highest grades possible and develop a comptetive app in all the other areas.

Do I have a shot or should I consider becoming a vet tech? (The vet tech part was a joke)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You retook precalc and got an A
and you did REALLY well second semester
just keep repeating seceond semester for the next 3-4 years+good MCAT+ECs and you'll have a shot at an MD school for sure. You will get into med school if you keep this up, whether it's DO or MD depends on your MCAT I guess...although DO would really help by replacing that F with an A.

As long as you can explain that semester (which you easily can) you're fine :)

Keep it up! Your doing good and making a real upward trend your second semester. That F will hurt, but we can consider it a C now. You'll make it!