DO Am I "late" if I apply for DO schools in Oct? 3.5 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 502 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hendo311

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, what are my chances if I submit secondaries by mid Oct? Applying to most DO schools except for the high end ones where my stats may not be ideal. I'm really adamant on applying this year, I don't think I can delay another year tbh. Thanks for reading!

502 MCAT (126/125/126/125, had to retake it from a 499)
3.5cGPA
3.2sGPA

My EC's are:
-50 hours of clinical patient volunteering at a Cancer Hospital
-150 hours of research in an evolution lab
-200 hours working as a research tech in the Emergency Medicine department of a hospital
-shadowed 3 different MD doctors +1 DO doctor
-4 LoR (including a DO doc)
-graduated with University Honors
-wrote a 30 page thesis via the Honors College at my uni about the Arab-Israeli conflict (not sure if this counts as a publication, it will be found online for everyone to access via my University so I'm not sure...)
-5 years of Club soccer, 4 of which where I was president of the club
-Refereed soccer matches since I was 13 (still doing this... no idea how many hours but probably approaching a thousand tbh)
- 100 hours of Tutoring/teaching elementary school kids how to read and write in a struggling urban public school
- countless hours working with a religious youth group (since i was 15) where we organized various fundraiser dinners, soup kitchens, etc

Thanks, finally got over my nerves/anxiety and submitted my primary recently. Secondaries are pre-completed and good to go when I get them! I think I may be considered a "re-applicant" because I had my primary submitted/verified a year ago but I didn't even submit a single secondary... so I'm not sure how that works.

Thanks again and I really appreciate any responses! <3

Members don't see this ad.

It is not late to apply to DO schools as long as all your secondaries are submitted in October. You should be able to receive some interviews at the newer schools.

Reactions: 1 user
It is not late to apply to DO schools as long as all your secondaries are submitted in October. You should be able to receive some interviews at the newer schools.

Hi, thank you for your response Faha! Are there any non-newer schools that I would be competitive for as well?

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend these schools with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
MU-COM
LECOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
ATSU-SOMA
Idaho (new school accepting applications sometime in the coming months).
You could receive interviews at other schools but these are the more likely.

Reactions: 1 user
I recommend these schools with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
UIWSOM
MU-COM
LECOM
NYIT-Arkansas
RVU-Utah
ATSU-SOMA
Idaho (new school accepting applications sometime in the coming months).
You could receive interviews at other schools but these are the more likely.

Seriously thanks for the help! Glad to see that October isn't too late (although I know it isnt ideal haha)!