Am I MSTP bound?

Started by DaBeav
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DaBeav

Procrastinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if my stats are promising enough to bank on an MSTP program admission or if I should rely on some safer alternatives as well. Also I was wondering if the majority of schools automatically place you in the MD-only applicant pool if you get rejected from the MSTP or if you have to apply seperately if you want to be considered at that school.
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=5948
 
The short answers are: yes, and it depends.

The long answers: you have good stats and good research, so unless you're an absolute dope (and even if you are), you will almost definitely get into at least one MSTP program. Apply broadly if you feel insecure about your chances.

As for schools placing your application in MD-only, it really just depends. Some do, some don't, some say they do and then don't, some say they don't but do if you nag them, etc. Just look it up on their websites.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DaBeav said:
I was wondering if my stats are promising enough to bank on an MSTP program admission or if I should rely on some safer alternatives as well. Also I was wondering if the majority of schools automatically place you in the MD-only applicant pool if you get rejected from the MSTP or if you have to apply seperately if you want to be considered at that school.
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=5948

Yeah, relax a little. 😎
 
4.0 in engineering, varied research, clinical and non-clinical volunteering, and a 34S? Are you kidding me? 😛
 
DaBeav said:
I was wondering if my stats are promising enough to bank on an MSTP program admission or if I should rely on some safer alternatives as well. Also I was wondering if the majority of schools automatically place you in the MD-only applicant pool if you get rejected from the MSTP or if you have to apply seperately if you want to be considered at that school.
http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=5948

You should't be worried.