Am I ready for DAT? Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS2BE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know your opinion if I should take the DAT.

Kaplan OC:18 GC:16 BIO:16 AA:16 RC:16 PAT: 23
TopScore OC:18 GC:15 BIO:20 RC:20 AA:18 PAT: 21

My GPA is 3.30 and will be applying to Case Western, Ohio State, Arizona, and University of Pit. I am an Ohio resident.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hands down, YES! you are ready to take the DAT. If you do have some time though just go over as many practice tests as you can. I was getting the same scores as you on top score and in my science section I scored 20. Yes I could have done better but my bio section was pretty tough, bunch of random stuff . Just be confident when going in and read every question carefully. The PAT section is a little tougher in the real DAT, my acctual score went down 3 point from top score; i ended up with a 19, but you should be ok. Go with your first guess, but look at them very carefully and dont spend too much time on one. Good luck man, you will do great :thumbup: !!

I forgot to mention my Kaplan Math score: 16
I've found math problems easy but the time is limited. How is Kaplan compared to "real" DAT?

take it
my kaplan/topscore scores were worse than that, and i did just fine on the real one last month, all scores at or above 20 except pat and math.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took RC at caplan. This time I used a different approach: read questions and then attack the passage. Got 17 and still got 5 min left that I should have used to check my answers. Still, this score is better than I got by reading passages and then answering.

How do you think RC kaplan compares to real DAT?

about the same. look at the threads about RC strategies - there are various good tips about how to go about the reading section, including my own strategy :D

Little more practice to brush-off any weaknesses, and take the actual test when you feel more comfortable and confident.

Good Luck

BioGirl

Would you mind sharing your Kaplan/TS scores and the actual DAT scores?
I will take 2 more weeks to study and then finaly take

There is really no rush to taking the DAT. I hear from many people as well as my own experience that Kaplan and Top-score are pretty accurate indicators. If this is the case, you would be below avg. I studied the whole summer until Oct 1 and was accept only a few weeks after Dec 1.

DDS2BE said:
BioGirl

Would you mind sharing your Kaplan/TS scores and the actual DAT scores?
I will take 2 more weeks to study and then finaly take

topscore scores from the night before the exam:
reading 25, math 17, bio 19, orgo 13. general chem 14, pat 18

actual dat scores:
reading 25, math 17, bio 19, orgo 23, general chem 21, pat 17. AA 21 TS 20

hope this helps.