Am I ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dudecoolname

words under my username
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So im about to start my first semester majoring in Pre-pharmacy and im thinking I should get a head start on the PCAT. The only problem is I havent done any biology or chemistry in a long time. So should I wait till I take bio 101 and chem 101 before I even worry about it, or should I go ahead and start preparing for the PCAT?
 
So im about to start my first semester majoring in Pre-pharmacy and im thinking I should get a head start on the PCAT. The only problem is I havent done any biology or chemistry in a long time. So should I wait till I take bio 101 and chem 101 before I even worry about it, or should I go ahead and start preparing for the PCAT?

If you find PCAT a piece of cake, why not give it a short?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I were you, I would just focus on your classes. If this is going to be your first semester doing the pre-pharmacy curriculum I would devote all that extra time in ensuring that you get as many A's as you can in your classes. I wouldn't start studying the PCAT materials until you actually learned it in school. You have two years+ until pharmacy school. You have plenty of time 🙂
 
Yea alright ill just stick to school, next semester is gonna be killer lol....glad i went Ratemyprofessor and got all good teachers

thanks for the advice guys
 
The way you study for the PCAT is by doing well in your classes. By that I don't mean getting an A; I mean that you understand the material backwards and forward and commit it to your long term memory.