Am I really this ******ed???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

veaselhaufen

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to indent the first line of my personal statement. This is proving to be impossible. I've already spent 20 minutes monkeying around. I have artificially indented the other paragraphs by clicking the space bar a couple of times but it doesn't work for the first paragraph. Did you guys just skip indentation altogether or what? THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR HELP and sorry for the worthless thread (for you at least :p).

Members don't see this ad.

You can try as many times as you want and all you will wind up with is:

fail-24.jpg

From all the accounts I've read, it's just not possible to get it to indent. It seems like all the PS's are supposed to come out with equally ugly formatting.

I suppose you could put in a period and then a bunch of spaces, but just spaces will get clipped.

. . Like this?

It'd look dumb though. Don't worry about indenting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just do the style of the double return in between paragraphs, no indentation. I think it looks cleaner, anyway.

Just do the style of the double return in between paragraphs, no indentation. I think it looks cleaner, anyway.

Bingo. For a new paragraph, simply leave a blank line between it and the previous one. This is how you "indent" on the AMCAS PS. And as unsung said, I think it actually looks better.

Bingo. For a new paragraph, simply leave a blank line between it and the previous one. This is how you "indent" on the AMCAS PS. And as unsung said, I think it actually looks better.

What they said.