Am I running out of time?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nimsss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my professional transcript entry is taking such a long time because they messed up on entering my grades. And for that reason my apps haven't been sent to the schools yet and I am freaking out. I'm reading that people have already gotten interviews and some acceptances. I'm just worried that is it too late? Its already almost the end of September and my apps haven't even gone through!

Members don't see this ad.

OptomCAS messed up or your college(s)? When did you submit yours?

You are not late! Late would be January or February. You are fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are not late! Late would be January or February. You are fine.

Whew. Okay good! Cause I know I won't get all of this sorted out until at least the end of this month with how slow OptomCas is.

OptomCAS messed up or your college(s)? When did you submit yours?

Alright so this is my story. I submitted my first program (ICO) on 8/27 and I waited for about three weeks and there was no progress at all. No progress with verification or my professional transcript entry. So last week I started calling OptomCas and told them that it had been a while and my transcripts had already been received and processed by early August. They said that the transcript entry should've been done by now. So this week my transcript entry went through and I was going through verifying the grades they put in versus my actual transcript grades. For one class Optomcas put in a D when it was supposed to be a B. I called Optomcas and they said that my transcript says I have a D. And I freaked cause there is no way that I have every gotten a D in any of my undergrad classes. I told them are you sure cause I'm looking at my transcript right now and it says I have a B, and they were like yeah. They told me to have the school send them another transcript and they would fix it. So I requested another transcript to be sent to them a few days ago. Then today I called them again with the same situation and they said that the D they put in was correct. So I called the school and I told them the situation and to make sure that I wasn't going crazy and I actually have a B in that one biology class. And they said that it is supposed to be a B. I don't have any D's on my transcript. So now I guess I'll wait until Optomcas receives the new transcript and see what happens from there.

So my professional transcript entry is taking such a long time because they messed up on entering my grades. And for that reason my apps haven't been sent to the schools yet and I am freaking out. I'm reading that people have already gotten interviews and some acceptances. I'm just worried that is it too late? Its already almost the end of September and my apps haven't even gone through!

I don't think you are late. It's a fact that your chances might not be as good because it is a rolling admissions process. It's just a statistical fact. Also, if you get offered an interview, its likely only later dates are opened. At this point likely October or November dates are available. However, as already stated above, its not technically late until Jan or Feb.