Am I screwed for anesthesiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butstillmed

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMS3 with no home program. Did one anesthesia program at a community hospital during M3, will do it again same place in July to get a letter. Have one away in September but nothing in August…..and other months…

Having a really hard time getting any anesthesia rotations, let alone aways. I emailed and called many program coordinators to try to get a response but no luck from that or VSLO….

So..am I screwed if thats all the rotations I can get? Trying to see if I can just rotate at a community hospital with no residency program but not having luck getting those either. Gpa is slightly above class avg, 2 honors, 2 HP, and the others were pass. 1 poster presentation at local conference, another at school research day otherwise. Strong leadership experience but not related to anesthesiology at all. Step 1 passed, aiming for 250 on step 2.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you try any programs through clinician nexus? I applied to one that I had to drop because I had a conflict but the application on there is super easy and they have a quick turnaround.

You can still get a letter from the september rotation as long as you get the letter in my mid-october.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your best bet is target October - February. Unfortunately I think pretty much all August rotations are taken up at this point.

Did you try any programs through clinician nexus? I applied to one that I had to drop because I had a conflict but the application on there is super easy and they have a quick turnaround.
yes i did and so far i just got rejected

Reactions: 1 user