Am I screwed for anesthesiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

butstillmed

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMS3 with no home program. Did one anesthesia program at a community hospital during M3, will do it again same place in July to get a letter. Have one away in September but nothing in August…..and other months…

Having a really hard time getting any anesthesia rotations, let alone aways. I emailed and called many program coordinators to try to get a response but no luck from that or VSLO….

So..am I screwed if thats all the rotations I can get? Trying to see if I can just rotate at a community hospital with no residency program but not having luck getting those either. Gpa is slightly above class avg, 2 honors, 2 HP, and the others were pass. 1 poster presentation at local conference, another at school research day otherwise. Strong leadership experience but not related to anesthesiology at all. Step 1 passed, aiming for 250 on step 2.
 
Did you try any programs through clinician nexus? I applied to one that I had to drop because I had a conflict but the application on there is super easy and they have a quick turnaround.
 
You can still get a letter from the september rotation as long as you get the letter in my mid-october.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your best bet is target October - February. Unfortunately I think pretty much all August rotations are taken up at this point.