• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

sharpie44

10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
Hey

I screwed up in the past and my overall GPA is around 3.2 and my sci gpa is below 3.0. I'm entering my junior year and I plan on taking the DAT next year and hopefully I can make up for my bad GPA with a high DAT score. I want to get into UMDNJ for '08. Do you guys think I have hope? Or should I just hope to get into a Master's prog and then try for Dental school later?

mlle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
take it one step at a time. it depends on how many courses you have completed as well. I assume you're in-state for NJ? you have 2 more years before you have to think about post-bacc. just start doing better and relax. good luck..

TheJuneSpirit00

10+ Year Member
May 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
not to sound like a jerk but with the recent bad press UMCNJ had been getting you may want to reconsider your school choice. As for your grades...like mlle said, just relax and work a little harder. You can always make up a little lost ground with the DAt you just have to work hard. also make sure you are showing alot of interest in dentistry. Visit a dentist and shadow. Also think about taking a DAT prep course. Its all up to you, if its something you want, i'm sure youll make out fine with it, good luck

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.