1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sharpie44, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sharpie44

sharpie44 New Member

Hey

I screwed up in the past and my overall GPA is around 3.2 and my sci gpa is below 3.0. I'm entering my junior year and I plan on taking the DAT next year and hopefully I can make up for my bad GPA with a high DAT score. I want to get into UMDNJ for '08. Do you guys think I have hope? Or should I just hope to get into a Master's prog and then try for Dental school later?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mlle

mlle Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    take it one step at a time. it depends on how many courses you have completed as well. I assume you're in-state for NJ? you have 2 more years before you have to think about post-bacc. just start doing better and relax. good luck..

4. TheJuneSpirit00

TheJuneSpirit00 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    not to sound like a jerk but with the recent bad press UMCNJ had been getting you may want to reconsider your school choice. As for your grades...like mlle said, just relax and work a little harder. You can always make up a little lost ground with the DAt you just have to work hard. also make sure you are showing alot of interest in dentistry. Visit a dentist and shadow. Also think about taking a DAT prep course. Its all up to you, if its something you want, i'm sure youll make out fine with it, good luck