1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Am I screwed?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sharpie44, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sharpie44

sharpie44 New Member

Hey

I screwed up in the past and my overall GPA is around 3.2 and my sci gpa is below 3.0. I'm entering my junior year and I plan on taking the DAT next year and hopefully I can make up for my bad GPA with a high DAT score. I want to get into UMDNJ for '08. Do you guys think I have hope? Or should I just hope to get into a Master's prog and then try for Dental school later?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mlle

mlle Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    take it one step at a time. it depends on how many courses you have completed as well. I assume you're in-state for NJ? you have 2 more years before you have to think about post-bacc. just start doing better and relax. good luck..

4. TheJuneSpirit00

TheJuneSpirit00 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    not to sound like a jerk but with the recent bad press UMCNJ had been getting you may want to reconsider your school choice. As for your grades...like mlle said, just relax and work a little harder. You can always make up a little lost ground with the DAt you just have to work hard. also make sure you are showing alot of interest in dentistry. Visit a dentist and shadow. Also think about taking a DAT prep course. Its all up to you, if its something you want, i'm sure youll make out fine with it, good luck