Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharpie44

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey

I screwed up in the past and my overall GPA is around 3.2 and my sci gpa is below 3.0. I'm entering my junior year and I plan on taking the DAT next year and hopefully I can make up for my bad GPA with a high DAT score. I want to get into UMDNJ for '08. Do you guys think I have hope? Or should I just hope to get into a Master's prog and then try for Dental school later?

Members don't see this ad.

take it one step at a time. it depends on how many courses you have completed as well. I assume you're in-state for NJ? you have 2 more years before you have to think about post-bacc. just start doing better and relax. good luck..

not to sound like a jerk but with the recent bad press UMCNJ had been getting you may want to reconsider your school choice. As for your grades...like mlle said, just relax and work a little harder. You can always make up a little lost ground with the DAt you just have to work hard. also make sure you are showing alot of interest in dentistry. Visit a dentist and shadow. Also think about taking a DAT prep course. Its all up to you, if its something you want, i'm sure youll make out fine with it, good luck