Am I the only one who had trouble with the OAT bio section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Batlauren

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of my friends who had taken the OAT in February said the O-chem was easier on this one (or maybe they just buckled down and studied harder), and the bio was about the same. I had difficulties and I just wanted to know if I was alone on this one. I studied A LOT of physiology and hormones and none of that was really emphisized. OH WELL..... Hope everyone else did AWESOME!!!

http://spirit.dos.uci.edu/useeeyes/

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't take the OAT yesterday, but I talked to some UH people that did, and they all said that the organic part was kinda hard

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't find the bio section as hard as the physics and "math" section. Math is me very weak spot so I quess I was not surprised. I got all the dots filled in, but did not get to do all the math problems. I found very few of them really difficult, but I just needed more time. I think I could have finished it and done pretty well if I just had more time.

What did you all think of the verbal reasoning. The first passage about astronomy was pretty easy and the second one was not to bad either, but the last one about the physics experiment was terrible. I ran out of time on that one too. There was no way that I could remember all those terms the first time through and unfortunatly that is all I had time to do. Overall I think it went pretty well.

I hope everyone feels the same.

The last reading comp. passage was impossible!! I don't think I could have understood it completely with another 30 minutes. :mad: I agree that the first two passages were simple. I'm actually glad those were first. At least I know I got some points. ;)

I didn't think that quantitative reasoning was "too" difficult. It was just long and that's normal.

Chem wasn't that hard for me and I am AWFUL at chemistry. Trust me..... I dont' know what happened.

Physics seemed okay. It was a little out of order to me. I'm used to kinetics problems first, but they threw magnetic fields in the beginning.

That's about it. I didn't like biology though. I don't know how all you guys thought it was okay. It was so BAD!! I thought I knew my stuff too. :confused:

At least it's over now.... Time for midterms....woohoo

I agree w/rpames about the quantitative reasoning section -- I thought the difficulty of the problems was fine (I even like those sorts of problems), but the time given made the whole thing feel more like a race than a test.

Physics was okay, easier than I expected.

Chem was fine and orgo was okay (enough with the predict-the-product questions already, though!). Bio I thought was pretty tough -- I'm not a bio major, and the parts I seemed to focus on in the study guides were not the ones emphasized on this version of the OAT, unfortuneately. :(

I thought that the Reading Comprehension section was easy -- it was the only test section I finished really early.

Did anybody else fall asleep after getting home from the exam? I drove home and took a nap for about 3 hours, I was so tired!

I agree w/ rpames and r_salis about the math part of the exam; I thought the quantitative reasoning was the worst. The problems were not that bad, just time consuming! I ran out of time on that one.

I thought the other sections were okay (okay does not mean I think I nailed it, just not as bad as I expected; it could have been much harder). Because the physics was not-too-difficult, they retaliated by giving us that awful passage (reading comprehension) about the physics experiement.

Well, we'll find out when we receive our scores. So for now, I'll refrain from being too optimistic.

Just thought I'd offer my opinion on the test, though.

To me biology section was the easiest of all. May be it's b/c I have a strong biology back ground. Yes, Organic was hard, but not the hardest. I also agree that the Quantitative reasoning was very time consuming. Chemistry was OK. I think the hardest of all was the last passage of the reading comprehension and some of the physics.