Am I the only one...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who actually misses filling out secondaries? At least then I was doing something concrete and useful. Sitting around waiting for rejections or interview invites and preparing answers for questions you may be asked just seems so incredibly useless. Much less exciting and fun.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I would miss it, but it feels really nice to be done now. The waiting is hard, but being complete means the really interesting parts of the process are coming up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Short Answer: yes... I think you have Stockholm syndrome :)
:laugh:

I guess I just prefered hearing things from medical schools everyday. Silence is deafening.

Who actually misses filling out secondaries? At least then I was doing something concrete and useful. Sitting around waiting for rejections or interview invites and preparing answers for questions you may be asked just seems so incredibly useless. Much less exciting and fun.

Hey, refreshing your inbox every 30 seconds and stalking your mailman are certainly concrete, useful activities. ;) But hey, maybe that's just me....

get a job you filthy slobs all he replied

Haha. I so would. I'm weird that way. I don't mind paperwork and application kind of stuff. I kind of like it.

Wayyyy better than refreshing my inbox or harassing my mailman (who comes at like 8pm). And I never lost sleep over a secondary. Interviews, yes. But hopefully my mock interview in an hour will go well and I can stop worrying about it.

I work like 50 hrs a week, but before I was working 60 and I had all my secondaries to do. I guess I'm just bored relative to a month ago.

I like being done, but you're right, I do feel useless going from being busy 20 hours a day with work and secondaries to not being busy at all. But then again, I feel like I just finished a 30 page term paper and need this free time to relax and see my hard work pay off. Then again, it felt more secure during the secondaries stage because now we have to wait for schools to make decisions and pass judgement on our qualifications. Nerve wracking! I think I'm going to go read my MCAT books over again.

Heh, I have a job...which allows me to refresh my inbox constantly thoughout the day... ;) I have to restrict mailman stalking to my days off...