- Aug 24, 2019
A couple of things I want to state :
1) I come for a low socio-economic background.
2) I’m a first-gen college student who’s parents do not speak English.
3) I’m non traditional (early 30s)
4) My freshman year and “post-bac” consisted of only 1 class. (My freshmen year was about 7 years after I withdrew from college straight out of high school, had to work and help support my direct family).
5) My post-bac is not a post bac, just a pre-med course I had to take after I graduated. It’s a non-degree UG course. (Physics 2)
6) My heaviest upper tier sciences were Junior/Senior year and the dip can 100% be explained (I got married). The graph above is only sGPA
7) I have both 200+ experiences of shadowing a doctor and doing non-medical volunteering in the community.
8) I have 3 semester of chemistry research in a topic that strengthened my passion to be a physician.
9) I got published doing this research.
10) I also won an award and got funded.
11) Still awaiting to take the MCATS which I plan on getting a 518+ based on my practice exams.
What are your thoughts on applying to MD ? I would also be applying to DO.
If I crush the MCATs and get great LoRs, do I have a chance at MD?
Thanks in advance.