amazing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toughlife

Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
While rounding on the SICU, me and a visiting student from the east coast were asked why it is important to avoid hyperglycemia in critically-ill patients. The visiting student quickly replies "to keep their teeth from rottening" :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

toughlife said:
While rounding on the SICU, me and a visiting student from the east coast were asked why it is important to avoid hyperglycemia in critically-ill patients. The visiting student quickly replies "to keep their teeth from rottening" :eek:

He must have said this facetiously....at least I hope so!! :confused:

toughlife said:

i thought it was because sweet blood attracts mosquitos and you don't want to worry about a case of west nile virus when controlling ICP in the traumatic brain injury patient.

right? right???

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
toughlife said:

Did he really say rottening?

Recently had an email of a news clip...dude was interviewed about a car crash he witnessed...

"Yeah, that dude was MESSED UP...before the AMBOOOLANCE showed up a couple guys pulled him outta the car and started doing UPS on him!"

The student really did say rottening and the attending looked disturbed by the comment. I found out the student is going into family med.

jetproppilot said:
Did he really say rottening?

Recently had an email of a news clip...dude was interviewed about a car crash he witnessed...

"Yeah, that dude was MESSED UP...before the AMBOOOLANCE showed up a couple guys pulled him outta the car and started doing UPS on him!"

:laugh: Saw that myself. http://www.break.com/articles/giventhemanups.html?t=4433

Anyone who hasn't needs to check out the "medical ebonics" thread in the EM forum. It's hilarious.

toughlife said:
The student really did say rottening and the attending looked disturbed by the comment. I found out the student is going into family med.

What does it matter that he is going into family med? Are you saying that family docs don't have to be as smart or have the best grammar? Just wondering.