Amazon Pharmacy Layoffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

projektreverb

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I saw this posted in my LinkedIn feed. I guess Amazon is laying off pharmacy staff? So much for them taking over….
FA7586F8-87AC-4BFA-8BD3-E6E91BBB2F0A.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone page the poster who fantasized about Amazon pharmacy being getting massages between casual order verification sessions while wearing a white coat in some 24th floor office in South Lake Union.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Someone page the poster who fantasized about Amazon pharmacy being getting massages between casual order verification sessions while wearing a white coat in some 24th floor office in South Lake Union.
I’m going to be honest with you, reading over this persons LinkedIn profile leads me to believe it’s the same person.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just like how autonomous cars were supposed to replace most or all drivers by 2020. If you didn't agree then you were a Luddite.

Found it!

Hi back from my rant last year sorry I just felt passionate about the future of pharmacy. Doing well in school just went through Spring Semester 3.6GPA.

This topic is interesting to me. I have a different opinion for you all. The awfulness of Amazon IS legendary but the cushiness of tech jobs also is. For experts the amount of benefits at other places such as Google or Facebook is absurd. Imagine getting off lunch break, you feel buzzed because it was Craft Beer Thursday. You developed a big crick in your neck because of all the orders you needed to approve at CVS and fill but its okay India has a new industry, the pharmacy assistant. You don't have to care about filling anymore. You think back to how awful your life was at CVS doing a 30 hour a week job with low benefits, and screaming homeless and elderly begging for drugs every day. You do this while waiting for your personal masseuse to come up to your office. You now make 160K cash+benefits at your workplace in downtown Seattle/San Francisco/Dubai or whatever. Your workplace is now a giant campus without cubicles, any time you have a question about a medication you can easily go to other qualified pharmacists who will be happy to discuss it with you. Oh right, should have talked to Sanjaya she has a PhD in pharmacology too. Finally the collegiality you have always wanted has returned. You are expected to fulfill hundreds of orders per day but thankfully Amazon's computer science experts created a powerful business enterprise system so that you have the ability to look up patient records and any drug they had taken along with helpful notes as to potential medications to replace with if you disagree with the doctors call.

People will trust your judgement because hell, its Amazon baby. They are flawless. Better hurry though you still need to fulfill 200 more orders or Bezos will lay down upon you his merciless wrath.

Now the profession has taken on a more clinical and mechanical approach. People will rarely ever see a Pharmacist in real life, it will be a lot like Librarian where relatively 90% of everyone seen by the public at a library are just technicians and aides. Some Pharmacists will quit their job because they need patient contact. Many will flourish and feel more satisfied than ever.

In the end Pharmacists at Amazon are not factory workers or no-skill replacable widgets. They are needed to create profits and sell more drugs. They are needed to ensure customer satisfaction. Therefore, IMO Pharmacists will be treated as experts in their field and paid accordingly and treated with care and respect, showering them with the benefits Silicon Valley is known for and making a new standard for other online pharmacies to follow.

Who knows who will be right? Hopefully I will be because I'd love to work in my dream pharmacy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Found it!

I knew they were a student when they said "passion".

Found it!

sickos.jpg

I forgot about this part:

Imagine getting off lunch break, you feel buzzed because it was Craft Beer Thursday.

Nothing quite like getting drunk midday before returning to patient care activities.

Take it from someone who did work in that area, the real lunchtime treat is the free bananas they give out by the Spheres.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 365114

I forgot about this part:

Nothing quite like getting drunk midday before returning to patient care activities.

Take it from someone who did work in that area, the real lunchtime treat is the free bananas they give out by the Spheres.

My favorite part was the personal masseuse. So you're in the pharmacy verifying orders all day and the personal masseuse sits there for 8-10 hours waiting for you to call them right over for a quickie? It's a personal masseuse so that means each pharmacist gets their own? So there's a room full of personal masseuses sitting around waiting for a call all day. Sounds like a great place to work!

• Haha