Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
well, I've heard bits and pieces of the AMCAS 2002 screwups, and I've complete the 2003 AMCAS. In the email from Jefferson they allude to "already considerable delays in processing applications". And it seems to be taking forever to actually verify and transmit apps unless you Submitted in June. So what is people's opinion on how this year's AMCAS is doing? Fast? Slow? As expected? Are we in the late July rush (is there such a thing?) that is causing a perception of delay?

uclabruins47

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think the reason your app is processed faster if submitted in june is because there aren't THAT many apps yet. as for any delays, for me there seem not to be any major delays. maybe jefferson was just being pessimistic. hope that's the case

About the Ads

SilverAngel1110

just plain old me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
Over the river...
Visit site
Status
i agree with spiderman... submitting in june was the way to go if you wanted to avoid delays. except silly amcas verified my application even though i put the wrong course number for one of my classes... i'm going to pretend i never saw it...

smilez428

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Status
june was the way to go with amcas.... i don't really know how backlogged they are though.

Good Luck 2003ers!!!

DrBravesgirl

Surgeon for a year
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2002
chicago
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I submitted in June as well, and it's gone smoothly thus far. Some schools took forever to transmit, but no problems (yet!) other than that.

Caffeinated

Army Strong
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I submitted in June, and it took several weeks to verify. All of my schools have transmit dates, but so far I have only received a secondary from my last choice. That didn't concern me until I saw that some of the other June submitters have received multiple. What's going on? I'm getting a little nervous...

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
I saw how fast they were going in June - so I waited until July 4 to submit mine, because I wanted my PS really good. What a mistake! It has yet to even begin processing..I have the feeling that if I'd submitted it a few days earlier, it would already be transmitted. I think AMCAS is taking a holiday for July.

About the Ads