AMCAS 2005 Submitted/Processed/Verified/Transmitted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pyra

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you already submitted your AMCAS, can you please give the date that you submitted, finished processing and verified and for later, the first dates of transmission? And any other comments like if you were waiting for AMCAS to receive your transcripts but you already submitted. Just so we can get an idea of how fast applications are being processed. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

and real quick, what exactly does "active" mean?

Submitted: 6/7/04
Verified:6/14/04

Members don't see this ad :)
Date Submitted: 06/14/2004
Date Processed: 06/18/2004

submitted: June 14.
not processed yet. it says the application is active but it isn't being processed/verified.

i think "active" simply means you have hit submit & you are in the queue.

Submitted: June 14 (late PM after scores arrived)
Processed: June 17

Submitted: June 3
Processed: June 14

amcas tells us when they transmit?

Submitted: June 1 (June 2 was the first day, but in my time zone it was still June 1)
Verified: June 15 - but my transcripts didn't arrive until June 10

adamj61 said:
amcas tells us when they transmit?

It depends on the school because some is never listed as transmitted eventhough it is. Don't worry though call your school and ask. Good Luck :luck:

Submitted: June 17th
Verified: TBA :D
(my transcript was already received)

Submitted: June 12th
Verified/Processed: June 18th :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted: june 17th
Active: June 17th
Verified/Processed: TBA

AMCAS or the USPS has lost one of my transcripts. I mailed my transcript requests out before Memorial Day, submitted electronically on the 5th (I believe) of June, and I might as well have waited until now because they won't look at anything until my transcirpt (which I had re-sent this week) gets there.

Once schools start downloadind AMCAS every school that you designated will have a transmitted date next to it on the first page when you open amcas.

Premedtomed said:
Why is this process so random?

I think it just depends on who processes your application. I had all my transcripts in well in advance but my application hasn't changed from active to verified/processed etc whereas others who submitted the same day & even after me are already verified. Not that I'm complaining, it has only been about a week. It does seem random, though.

I remember that happened to me last year but all was fine for schools that year did not start downloading amcas until like mid july...

Here is a stupid question.

Is processed = verified + transmitted?

Sorry, I had to ask it to get rid of my ignorance.

Submitted: 6/14
Processed: 6/16
Transcripts were in before I submitted

Yeah you will never see the word verified on the amcas just processed..I think folks are just using both words as the same but to be "processed" someone at amcas has verified your application.

Submitted 6/19/04
verified 6/21/04
heart's pounding :eek:

rapshi said:
Submitted 6/19/04
verified 6/21/04
heart's pounding :eek:

You turned it in on Saturday and it's already through?!?!?!

I turned mine in on Friday and it says all my transcripts are there, but I'm still only "active" and my foreign transcript request is still pending. How long is that gonna take to resolve?

submitted 06/16
processed 06/21

CaMD said:
You turned it in on Saturday and it's already through?!?!?!

I turned mine in on Friday and it says all my transcripts are there, but I'm still only "active" and my foreign transcript request is still pending. How long is that gonna take to resolve?

yeah me too! i turned mine in 6/14 and still have the same thing. anyone else had that on their applications and already have it resolved or anyone from last year's cycle?

I turned mine in last TUESDAY (6/15/04) and its still not verified. Transcripts have been there awhile now too. C'mon now, let's do this on a first come first serve basis.

no doubt! it is frustrating to hear of others submitting after you getting verified before you!

those of you who have been verified in this past week, what letter does your last name begin with? i ask simply because i read that the applications are handled according to your last name a-c, d-f, etc etc and am wondering if this is true.

IF the last name thing is the case, the "a-c" person is the slow one. BEGINNING LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET BEWARE!

Scubadoc said:

My last name is between "a-c" and people who have submitted after me have been verified before me. All my transcripts are in and i have gotten all the confirmation emails for them. Theoretically, nothing is holding me back from verification except the person who is double checking my grades. All I gotta say is that my app better be verified by the time AMCAS starts transmitting or there will be hell to pay.

DrThom said:
My last name is between "a-c" and people who have submitted after me have been verified before me. All my transcripts are in and i have gotten all the confirmation emails for them. Theoretically, nothing is holding me back from verification except the person who is double checking my grades. All I gotta say is that my app better be verified by the time AMCAS starts transmitting or there will be hell to pay.

LOL...me too, I hope they are in by then! I am m-o and am still waiting!

is this last name alphabet thing for real or what

I don't think it's true... mine was processed in 2 days and my last name starts w/ B

Submitted 6/17/04, with all transcripts in.

Still not verified... but I have three separate transcripts, one of which is foreign. I figure that may have something to do with it?

submitted 6/17
verified 6/21

transcripts were already in. and i'm a "z"

zeebs32 said:
submitted 6/17
verified 6/21

transcripts were already in. and i'm a "z"

Congratulations zeebs, the system worked for you.

I ,however, am thinking about strangling the system....

submitted today (6.21, finally)
for those with foreign transcript issues - are you requesting an exception for the transcript or waiting for the foreign transcript to arrive?

I've requested an exception because I went on a US sponsored term abroad and the credits are part of my main college transcript....I wonder if this will hold things up??

DGhiker said:
submitted today (6.21, finally)
for those with foreign transcript issues - are you requesting an exception for the transcript or waiting for the foreign transcript to arrive?

I've requested an exception because I went on a US sponsored term abroad and the credits are part of my main college transcript....I wonder if this will hold things up??

All of my transcripts were in before I submitted. I requested an exception on the foreign transcript for the same reason-it was a US sponsored year abroad through my college here and the credits are on my main college transcript. It seems to be what is holding our apps up since so many others are flying through this verification process. :(

My foreign transcript is in - they have it. But it reads very strangely. THere are no letter grades, just percentages and PASS or FAIL. I worry because that college's grading system is much different. Passing is above 30%. Honors is above 50%, high honors above 70%. All of my percents were in the 50% - 70% range and a small part of me worries that AMCAS will translate this into D's and C's!

Plus I audited a graduate-level class and it is listed as "ABSENT"...

I'm just speculating that this could be the holdup. Don't really know.

Date Submitted- 6/15
Date Processed- 6/22
Date Transmitted- N/A

about damn time....

Just submitted - 6/22
Transcripts already in

Reason why my neurotic presence should never have entered this thread...

*Thoughts Going Through My Head At This Moment*
"OMG...people who submitted after me were processed! Why is mine taking so long? It must be the transcripts...no wait, I already sent mine and AMCAS told me they received them...but what if they're lost? No, it can't be...well, maybe it's just my last name...but I'm not at the beginning of the alphabet! I should be done by now! What's taking so LONG? I only have ONE TRANSCRIPT! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM!? I'm tired and hungry :( "

I submitted June 2nd was verified/processed June 7th

Scubadoc said:
All of my transcripts were in before I submitted. I requested an exception on the foreign transcript for the same reason-it was a US sponsored year abroad through my college here and the credits are on my main college transcript. It seems to be what is holding our apps up since so many others are flying through this verification process. :(

Fellow foreign transcript exception pendings, sometime last night mine turned from active to verification. I clicked on print and it still doesn't have my GPA though. At least it's a step in the right direction.

DrThom said:
Date Submitted- 6/15
Date Processed- 6/22
Date Transmitted- N/A

about damn time....

Hey Congrats DrThom...finally! Let's hope I'm next!!

CaMD said:
Fellow foreign transcript exception pendings, sometime last night mine turned from active to verification. I clicked on print and it still doesn't have my GPA though. At least it's a step in the right direction.

Congrats to you too...I'm really eager to get mine in order to see if the GPA I calculated is the same as what they end up with!

submitted June 14
processed June 22