AMCAS 6-8 week change from 4-6 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well......... I talked to AMCAS and was told their new time table for processing and grade verifcation is 6-8 weeks. That is what they tell you when they know they can't tell you 4-6 weeks. It has been 8 weeks for me.

She did say everyone from June and first week of July had their application mailed by the post office to all their schools. They mailed a one page summary and then mailed the full application a week later. It is unverified.

Even though people from july are showing processed, she said they were not sent out to the schools in the batch they mailed out. Can anyone verify if this is true or false.

They also are now blaming the schools saying that they can not send any verified applications through the mail. They must be sent out through their electronic pathway. A lot of the schools are not capable of receiving the electronic applications so they aren't getting anything.

Has anyone been able to make changes today and recertify after those changes? She said they were suppose to have disabled the application so you can't make changes cause they can't handle the applications AND the resubmits. Can anyone verify this?

Oh I waited 20 seconds on hold (4:15)today. They told me to call back in two weeks. Did anyone see the movie "The Money Pit"? The contractors completely destroy these people's home and keep telling them it will be fixed in "two weeks" It actually takes around 4 months (I think if I rememeber correctly). For those who have seen the movie, do you think it is a good comparison (AMCAS and The money pit movie)? Good luck to us all.

Amy :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

so am i screwed cuz i just submitted my AMCAS primary yesterday.....which means my schools wont get my primary until freaking OCTOBER.............am i screwed?

i called amcas today. the guy told me about the new 6-8 week time table, and when i said that i submitted mine *over 8 weeks ago* (6/23), he immediately changed his tune and said there is no way to tell how long the verification process will take. we're basically supposed to sit tight until *late september*!! and of course, amcas takes no responsibility for the apps being processed out of order and for those med schools not accepting the unverified paper apps. he was basically implying that amcas is totally not at fault and we neurotic premeds need to chill. can you believe this guy?? to make things worse, he was being totally patronizing and glib, as if i couldn't tell he knew nothing and was trying to cover his butt!

needless to say, i am quite concerned. what is a good course of action to take besides "patiently wait" as the amcas ***** suggested?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

Here's my scoop. Today I received an e-mail from a med school stating that they had received my "verified" AMCAS application. I was a bit weary, so I called the school's admission office and spoke with an admissions officer. She checked and they had received the verified application in full. I also called my state schools, and they had NOT received my verified app in full. It depends on the school; some are ready for the electronic transmittals, and some are not.

AMCAS was so busy trying to fix the web application problems they neglected the schools and are now in the process of fixing the electronic transmittal crap. I think the people at AMCAS are a bunch of talkers...they should be classified as the world's worst liars! Hopefully, they'll get their act together soon and get the process moving. I really am disappointed in them; they should have just waited until next year to get this set up and allowed applicants to submit paper applications this year. What a bunch of *****s!!

Good luck guys!

Originally posted by pendulum:
•Hey all,

Here's my scoop. Today I received an e-mail from a med school stating that they had received my "verified" AMCAS application. I was a bit weary, so I called the school's admission office and spoke with an admissions officer. She checked and they had received the verified application in full. I also called my state schools, and they had NOT received my verified app in full. It depends on the school; some are ready for the electronic transmittals, and some are not.

AMCAS was so busy trying to fix the web application problems they neglected the schools and are now in the process of fixing the electronic transmittal crap. I think the people at AMCAS are a bunch of talkers...they should be classified as the world's worst liars! Hopefully, they'll get their act together soon and get the process moving. I really am disappointed in them; they should have just waited until next year to get this set up and allowed applicants to submit paper applications this year. What a bunch of *****s!!

Good luck guys!•

I agree with your assessment. Michigan definitely is receiving verified, processed apps by electronic transmittal.

Not applying to Stanford, but supposedly they are in a similar position.

However, out of 125 something schools, they are the only ones (that I know of currently)for sure that are getting the real deal. All the other schools are either getting 1) nothing at all really, just names and emails; 2) one page summaries; or 3) unverified apps.

Hey all,

Good luck guys!
History repeats itself...and this was created before 9/11. that is crazy.

Rising.gif

insane that this was only a couple of weeks before 9/11

Children born after the OP are in middle school now...

Al Qaeda caused the AMCAS delay. It's part of their plot to destabilize the US healthcare system.