AMCAS Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avalanche21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it okay to list date for an activity that is in the future?

1) If I started something in may, but I know it will go until august, can I just put august as the ending date? or do I have to check "until present?"

2) If I know I will be starting something in august and going until december, can I list those dates? or does it look bad since I haven't started it already.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bump...does anyone know...or am I the only one that has this situation? :(

Avalanche21 said:
Is it okay to list date for an activity that is in the future?

1) If I started something in may, but I know it will go until august, can I just put august as the ending date? or do I have to check "until present?"

2) If I know I will be starting something in august and going until december, can I list those dates? or does it look bad since I haven't started it already.

Thanks

put it as going until august; for the second one, unless you are absolutely 100% resolved on committing to that activity, do not list it. only list activities you have 100% committed to and have done, or at least are in the process of doing right now or are definitely set on doing it in the near or present future.

edit:

ah and yes, i have some good advice for you. do not count the eggs of the gondor goose until the blue moon has risen like a yellow spoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
crazy_cavalier said:
put it as going until august
Thanks, any ideas on the second situation?

As long as you will be there til that time, and know it for sure, it should be ok. The only time it would be a red flag is if someone is lying about their credentials. However, if you put something down, be sure you will do it for said time and will actually end up doing it. Otherwise, it may look bad if you don't end up doing it and they find out. So in summary, yes if you are sure it will go that length of time and you do end up doing the activity for that long, it should be ok.

Avalanche21 said:
Thanks, any ideas on the second situation?

Again, as long as you plan on doing the said activity and do end up doing it, it should be ok. If you, however, have any doubt that you won't end up doing the said activity, don't put it on there. The reason I say this.......

I've heard of some cases where people have been caught with things that were falsified in the work/activities etc that led to acceptance revocations. So, only put it down if you are absolutely sure you'll be doing the said activity and know for sure that it will go for the time that you put as its time frame. If it goes over that time frame, it will be ok. But if you put that you were part of something for like 2 months, and you were really there only 3 weeks, that might look kind of fishy.

So again, if you know for sure that you'll be doing the said activity and in that time frame, then it shouldn't cause a problem.

gujuDoc said:
Again, as long as you plan on doing the said activity and do end up doing it, it should be ok. If you, however, have any doubt that you won't end up doing the said activity, don't put it on there. The reason I say this.......

I've heard of some cases where people have been caught with things that were falsified in the work/activities etc that led to acceptance revocations. So, only put it down if you are absolutely sure you'll be doing the said activity and know for sure that it will go for the time that you put as its time frame. If it goes over that time frame, it will be ok. But if you put that you were part of something for like 2 months, and you were really there only 3 weeks, that might look kind of fishy.

So again, if you know for sure that you'll be doing the said activity and in that time frame, then it shouldn't cause a problem.

Thanks. I posted that second question a split second before you replied.

Nas23 said:
In regards the second part of the original question (stating something you will do later...), will we get a chance to state any additions to EC's/Work on the secondary application?

Thanks

I'm not real sure, that depends on what the secondaries ask. Scroll through the sticky at the top and see what they say for specific school secondaries. Some just have an application and fee. Others have specific essays on specific topics, etc.