AMCAS Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

totalcommand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering how yall entered activites that you've done on and off into the AMCAS.

I worked at a lab from 3 school years and 2 summers, but the time wasn't all contiguous. Also, at some points it was paid and at some points I volunteered. One summer was I did a Fellowship there, so maybe that should stand out? Should I just pick the beginning point and the end point and throw it into one activity, and then explain all the details in the description? Or should I enter the paid/unpaid/Fellowship/etc into different activities.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the number of activities you have.
If you are lacking then I would put everything as one activity except the Fellowship.
Make sure you have enough to say about the nature of the Fellowship to have it stand out alone.

For the dates, just put the start and end date for all activities - that is Start/End for paid/unpaid and a separate Start/End for the fellowship if it is its own activity. If you have everything together then just have one start/end.

I hope this helps and makes sense!

dr_dre said:
It depends on the number of activities you have.
If you are lacking then I would put everything as one activity except the Fellowship.
Make sure you have enough to say about the nature of the Fellowship to have it stand out alone.

For the dates, just put the start and end date for all activities - that is Start/End for paid/unpaid and a separate Start/End for the fellowship if it is its own activity. If you have everything together then just have one start/end.

I hope this helps and makes sense!

That makes perfect sense. I forgot we're limited to 15 experiences, so I'll just throw it all in one.

thanks

just one more question to whoever's out there -

Do you think it's ok to put the time we've spent helping out political campaigns? I won't say what party it was for, but will the ADCOM look unfavorably on it if they're the opposite party, or are they pretty open minded?

I ask because I've heard people are afraid to put their religious activities and stuff like that cause ADCOM might frown on 'overinvolvement'.

edit: is there a way we can add activities we *will* be involved in? I'm going to starting work at a place in July for one year, and the app won't let me add it saying you can't activities that are later than the current date.