AMCAS and AACOMAS Calculator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EWO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a prospective re-applicant for both MD/DO medical school. I wanted to know when it comes to adding "W's" to the calculator , do we simply add "W" without listing the credit hours for the course or do we add the credit hours as well?

For example, When I add the "W" to the .xls spreadsheet and leave off the "credit hours", the gpa is say 3.3.
However, when I add the "W" then the respective course hour, (3) the gpa drastically changes to 2.3

^^These are just examples but I am very concern with which way is the proper way to add these to the calculator as it drastically changes whether or not I could rectify my gpa in a few semesters/1yr versus 2-3yrs

Any insight that can be offered will be much appreciative. My calculated GPA for AACOMAS was slightly different as well but not as much. *I am aware that the AMCAS and AACOMAS gpa's are different anyway*

Background:
27 Non-trad
B.S. in Biology

I am also concerned with what science courses I can take or should take being that I already have 111 hours in bcpm hours. Just a confused premmie.

EWO

Members don't see this ad.