amcas and $$$$

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much does it cost to submit the amcas? Does it depend on how many schools you submit it to? If so, how much per school? i checked of one school so far and its $150!!!

Members don't see this ad.

What a cute nickname! I'm assuming you are Muslim?

AMCAS charges $150 for the first school and $30 for each additional school.

yes i am muslim :p

does anyone know what aacomas charges for sending the app to each school?

Members don't see this ad :)
You might try posting that question in the pre-osteopathic or osteopathic forum.

Hiya.

Don't worry; it's not going to run you $150/school. The $150 is the "processing fee plus one school" kind of thing. When you add another school, it costs an extra $50 for a total of $200. Add another school and pay approximately $45 extra for a total of $245, and so on. I'm not sure about this year's rates, but each additional school you add will run you less than the previous.

However, if you ask for your app to be transmitted to additional schools AFTER it's been processed, those schools cost $50 each.

Good luck!

Originally posted by cappuccino:
•AMCAS charges $150 for the first school and $30 for each additional school.•

Actually, this is the correct information.

Don't forget the cost of the secondary application. Thats pretty much the the same as the primary application. Plus, lots of extra essays - fun, fun, fun.

Yale actually asked for my secondary fee not once but twice.

Do not, in any way, freak out about application costs. d00d, you should see what TUITION costs you! :eek:

Jamier:

So it's $150 at the beginning and $30 for each additional school after that? That's another change from last year then, and the steadily-decreasing fee thing I described. Sorry for the outdated information.

Originally posted by omores:
•Jamier:

So it's $150 at the beginning and $30 for each additional school after that? That's another change from last year then, and the steadily-decreasing fee thing I described. Sorry for the outdated information.•

'sokay :)

Why don't you try and apply for the AMCAS fee waiver? If you qualify, you can apply to up to ten schools for free...and some schools will waive their application fee if you have the waiver.

don't worry about the money!!! Remember this is your future and your life!