AMCAS & AP credits - differing credits on transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swimm

swim. swimm. swimmm.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all - this is my first time posting here!
I spent awhile searching and could not find an answer to my question. So, I apologize if it is something you all have heard before, but I greatly appreciate all of your help!

I am a junior and will be applying in the upcoming cycle. I transferred colleges after my freshman year; however, my first college was much more generous with granting credit for AP courses. Here is the discrepancy:
College 1: 8 credits for AP physics, 3 credits for AP history
College 2 (current): 4 credits for AP physics, 0 credits for AP history (just a requirement exemption)

When I go into AMCAS to enter coursework, should I enter my awarded credit for each institution? or should I just enter the AP credit as listed on the transcript from the college I currently attend?

Thanks! :claps:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The AMCAS instruction manual provides clarification for this
To claim AP credit, the credit hours must be listed on your transcript. AP courses should be entered under the term in which the college credit was initially granted. If no term is designated, include with freshman coursework (FR). Include AP credit courses only once (by selecting Advanced Placement as the Special Course Type), even though AP credit for the same subject may have been awarded by more than one institution. AP courses can be assigned under the institution awarding the most credit, but cannot be listed under all the institutions that may have awarded credit.

perfect!
thanks so much!