AMCAS App - Quick!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StrawHatDMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!!

Need a quick response as deadline for primaries are tomorrow.

1). Is there a way to copy and paste previous application to current 2018 application?
2). Can I send applications without having transcripts from schools sent to AMCAS? Or does my application need to be verified before applications can be sent?

Members don't see this ad.

You should not be submitting at the deadline. Wait until next cycle for your best chance to get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
You're basically too late for like all schools if your app hasnt even be verified yet. You have to have your transcripts to be verified. You have to have your LORs in place before a school will consider you.

Apply next June. The ship has sailed this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all!!

Need a quick response as deadline for primaries are tomorrow.

1). Is there a way to copy and paste previous application to current 2018 application?
2). Can I send applications without having transcripts from schools sent to AMCAS?
3) Or does my application need to be verified before applications can be sent?
1) No.

2) No.

3) Yes.

...So you've already somewhat attempted this process before, and you're still trying to send in your primary at the latest possible time?

Reactions: 2 users
post history says he/she has also taken the DAT recently. OP you need to figure your life out

Reactions: 4 users
DO NOT submit this cycle. Been there, done that, and the “reapplicant” status in my signature is the result I got.

This deadline isn’t like getting to Target 10 minutes before they close and still being able to buy your body wash. By the time your application is processed it will miss individual school deadlines and you’re entering the playing field after AT LEAST half of interviews are already done with.

Start making gap year plans now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

This deadline isn’t like getting to Target 10 minutes before they close and still being able to buy your body wash. By the time your application is processed it will miss individual school deadlines and you’re entering the playing field after AT LEAST half of interviews are already done with.

Start making gap year plans now.

I'm not applying at the deadline but I was curious about this. If a school's deadline is listed as Nov 1st, does that mean your AMCAS has to be submitted by that date, or verified and processed by that date?

I'm not applying at the deadline but I was curious about this. If a school's deadline is listed as Nov 1st, does that mean your AMCAS has to be submitted by that date, or verified and processed by that date?

My understanding is that it must be received by that date, not just received by AMCAS for verification. Remember that secondary applications are part of the fully completed application. However, this may vary by school and honestly, being two weeks ahead of the deadline is not a good start either.

Keep secondary applications in mind too...they often give two weeks or a month beyond the primary due date for the secondary, but really that puts your complete application on their desks at about Christmas break, so really January is when to expect it to be even looked at.