Aug 27, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello!
Due to the pandemic, I had to push back my application a few weeks and I wanted to know if I submitted it now, would I still be able to be considered for schools that have the application deadline of October 1st. From my understanding, AMCAS verification is taking about 6 weeks I believe as there is a delay. At this rate, my application would be verified by maybe the first or second week of October. Would schools who have application deadlines of October 1st consider my application as late or on time if it was submitted to AMCAS for verification on 09/01/2020.

Thank you.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hello!
Due to the pandemic, I had to push back my application a few weeks and I wanted to know if I submitted it now, would I still be able to be considered for schools that have the application deadline of October 1st. From my understanding, AMCAS verification is taking about 6 weeks I believe as there is a delay. At this rate, my application would be verified by maybe the first or second week of October. Would schools who have application deadlines of October 1st consider my application as late or on time if it was submitted to AMCAS for verification on 09/01/2020.

Thank you.
Your application must be ready for processing in order to be considered submitted by school deadline, This means the primary and all transcripts have been submitted and received by AMCAS

Participating Medical Schools and Deadlines
About Application Deadlines

All application deadlines are set by individual medical schools. Your application must be submitted to AMCAS (not processed) by 11:59 p.m. ET to meet the deadline. AMCAS does not grant deadline extensions for any reason.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.